Tapits holes

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 32554

Always interested in a waste product so here's a use for @tapit
The idea is to prevent screw pop on thermal boards , will also reduce thermal bridging
15784388335161656707304731230637.jpg

Thanks @Pam H
With foam backed boards it's easy to get screw pop or a weak fire fixing
If the foam is compressed slightly with a careless knock or even final trowel pressure or heavy handed roller painting
the screw head pushes the plaster loose
The thimble washer allows for this compression in the cavity under the covering tape
Also their is less thermal contact ( cold bridging )

I like to keep all the lads and lasses up with modern technology ,
unfortunately I had to use proper paper rather than the back of box of Alpen

You could stick it over the plug hole in the shower to stop arsehole hair clogging up the place! That’s only thing I got!!

You have to make em have it whether they want it or not.
The whole industry is about time and money , it's a better fixing method but whilst it's not necessary nobody would use it

The builder I work for isn't interested as he's retiring , up till now I get him to put fixings in taper recess , I put a slither of polystyrene over screw head and scrim

Thanks @Pam H
With foam backed boards it's easy to get screw pop or a weak fire fixing
If the foam is compressed slightly with a careless knock or even final trowel pressure or heavy handed roller painting
the screw head pushes the plaster loose
The thimble washer allows for this compression in the cavity under the covering tape
Also their is less thermal contact ( cold bridging )

I like to keep all the lads and lasses up with modern technology ,
unfortunately I had to use proper paper rather than the back of box of Alpen
I don’t know what in the name of arse your wanging on about...... but I like it!

I don’t know what in the name of arse your wanging on about...... but I like it!
That's the important bit Jess
Anyway with your royal status I would expect customers who should mention screw head pop should be off to the gallows