Tax...

Members online

Simon85

Just wondering if any of the lads who have employees can help explain to me, say I was employed on a day rate for a job And charged for example to keep the maths easy, 200 a day a man, for 2 me and an employee I pay 150 a day before tax, do I have to pay, tax on employees money twice then, as I'd get say 160 after tax, so how does that work?
Sorry if that's explained really s**t, as I don't have to worry about it as my bosses always paid my tax before I got it, never needed to worry, but as getting more and more tempted to go out n me own, was thinking that I should probably try and learn how s**t like this works....

The £400 you get your tax taken out so would be £320 then you £150 to your man which is £120 after his tax, you’ll pay his £30 cis each month. That’s if your on about self employed subbying work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The £400 you get your tax taken out so would be £320 then you £150 to your man which is £120 after his tax, you’ll pay his £30 cis each month. That’s if your on about self employed subbying work out.

Aye, that's what I meant mate, cheers. (y)
Bit s**t, but the answer I expected to be honest lol.

Aye, that's what I meant mate, cheers. (y)
Bit s**t, but the answer I expected to be honest lol.

You can opt to be a gross payer if they’ll let you or turnover a million profit and you can do it anyway. I like my taxes paid, does hurt when you get a big lump in with the tax out though. Got to be paid though

You can opt to be a gross payer if they’ll let you or turnover a million profit and you can do it anyway. I like my taxes paid, does hurt when you get a big lump in with the tax out though. Got to be paid though

Won't have to worry about the million thing anyways lol
Yeah I'd prefer to be up to date with it to f**k anyways. Useful to know mate. Same will apply then on price, have to send of cis contributions every month. Cheers for ur help bud

Yeah you send your subbies tax off and main contractor sends yours. The little fish at the end of a big line.

I have a lad with me but i.ve told him he dont work for me so sorts his own tax . Am i allowed to do that. Also do you have to pay your tax online now. I used to just take the payment slip to post office

I have a lad with me but i.ve told him he dont work for me so sorts his own tax . Am i allowed to do that. Also do you have to pay your tax online now. I used to just take the payment slip to post office
If someone works full time for you and only you ,doesn't supply materials,doesn't price work off of you then that person legally is an employee , what some do is swap around employees to make them subbies , lots of builders pay staff through agencies to keep them as subbies , it's a grey area , I have my lad as a subby,I can't guarantee him work all the time, he works elsewhere on and off ,it's up to you and your workers how you see it and the taxman will have a view on it also , dont end up on his wrong side

Just wondering if any of the lads who have employees can help explain to me, say I was employed on a day rate for a job And charged for example to keep the maths easy, 200 a day a man, for 2 me and an employee I pay 150 a day before tax, do I have to pay, tax on employees money twice then, as I'd get say 160 after tax, so how does that work?
Sorry if that's explained really s**t, as I don't have to worry about it as my bosses always paid my tax before I got it, never needed to worry, but as getting more and more tempted to go out n me own, was thinking that I should probably try and learn how s**t like this works....

if your booking in say £500 a day and you want £400 and mr bean £100.
give mr beans utr no. to your boss.
it will get stopped from there.
or go onto hmrc website and set it up.

if your booking in say £500 a day and you want £400 and mr bean £100.
give mr beans utr no. to your boss.
it will get stopped from there.
or go onto hmrc website and set it up.
What some do is the invoice sometimes in the lads name ,say a £2000 invoice less tax £1600. That pays the lad for 16 days and doesn't leave the 'employer ' paying tax twice, on the other side if you pay all the tax you get it back at the end

I only have people working for me occasionally, so I pay them in full. I de-registered from doing CIS as a contractor. They can pay their own tax on their self assessment. Tax man gets it in the end.

I only have people working for me occasionally, so I pay them in full. I de-registered from doing CIS as a contractor. They can pay their own tax on their self assessment. Tax man gets it in the end.

I feel like doing the same!

If someone works full time for you and only you ,doesn't supply materials,doesn't price work off of you then that person legally is an employee , what some do is swap around employees to make them subbies , lots of builders pay staff through agencies to keep them as subbies , it's a grey area , I have my lad as a subby,I can't guarantee him work all the time, he works elsewhere on and off ,it's up to you and your workers how you see it and the taxman will have a view on it also , dont end up on his wrong side
He just works now n then and does his own jobs as well

This is what I do . Pay him n tell him to sort his own tax