Technology going mad.!!!

Bernardt

Just need a bit of advice as this ever evolving trowel market goes bonkers.! Gang next door this wk have been harping on about a new nela carbon 16”and how wonderful they are.i.m 16” mt ss 2 coat then flatten with 14” ss .do you go with tried & tested or go with the times and technology etc.???

If your stuff paints nice then your winning in life, why mess with it unless you think it will be easier on your joints or save time

I’m 50 and always used ss,and watching & listening to different people about flexy.s spats etc,confusing but if it makes things easier do you go with the times etc but I’ve seen some spat finishes and wrong timing flexy finishes and it’s awful.HELP.!!!

I’m 50 and always used ss,and watching & listening to different people about flexy.s spats etc,confusing but if it makes things easier do you go with the times etc but I’ve seen some spat finishes and wrong timing flexy finishes and it’s awful.HELP.!!!
Some people are just susceptible to being sold stuff they don't need. The classic example is shaving razors with multiple blades etc.

Man, just get all types, it'll be an investment and use whatever you feel good with. Try different methods that gives you, a plasterer who's different to others, the best finish possible

Just need a bit of advice as this ever evolving trowel market goes bonkers.! Gang next door this wk have been harping on about a new nela carbon 16”and how wonderful they are.i.m 16” mt ss 2 coat then flatten with 14” ss .do you go with tried & tested or go with the times and technology etc.???
I'm confused as to how a Nela carbon trowel tally's with "technology gone mad". I'm 53 and when I started hardly anyone was using SS trowels, all on carbons. And 11in at that!

I'm not gonna shave my bald dome with a single razor though am I bud?
Closest shave you'll get is with a single razor. Its about being sold guff that you don't really need. The "want" part is manufactured i.e. "oh look that guy's got one of those new speedyflexs" now you want one too. Now whether they work or not or create problems of their own making is entirely down to the market to decide.

Oh la lah , I have had a carbon nela since they came out and must say I love it , slightly firmer than my mt carbon but not as firm as my curry carbon trowel
All three I use but on different materials, the nela can finish skim very nice now
I hate ss trowels

Closest shave you'll get is with a single razor. Its about being sold guff that you don't really need. The "want" part is manufactured i.e. "oh look that guy's got one of those new speedyflexs" now you want one too. Now whether they work or not or create problems of their own making is entirely down to the market to decide.
single razor is not ideal whatsoever on my head. Far more comfortable with a Gilette. That's fact - for my head

Oh la lah , I have had a carbon nela since they came out and must say I love it , slightly firmer than my mt carbon but not as firm as my curry carbon trowel
All three I use but on different materials, the nela can finish skim very nice now
I hate ss trowels
Did you use wet&dry to take the edge off it.??

Did you use wet&dry to take the edge off it.??
No mate I just used it tbh they need a wearing in period like most trowels but are fine after few weeks
Also take a good battering if they get dropped or fall in back of van

Just use whatever you feel comfortable with everyone has a favourite trowel it's the one that feels right in the hand, you need to get the feel man!

Some people are just susceptible to being sold stuff they don't need. The classic example is shaving razors with multiple blades etc.
funny-man-shave-face-full-shaving-cuts-isolated-24389704.jpg
You're not wrong...

I think that back in the days of F&S the advent of SS trowels really helped when skimming where there was suction.
Blimey those days are well gone.not floated for 4 years but you’re right.couple of houses f,s and it was on its way to be broken in.