The Multi was laughing at me!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dpbeds

So. Job today straight forward. Patch repair on the ceiling and three walls to reskim. Bit of filling to do wth bonding to start but no geat shakes. Decide to go with patch. window and door reveals and a wall in one hit then the last two walls in second hit. No worries. My lad is knocking up the gear and keeping clean so I can concentrate on the plastering. Easy money.

So put 1st hit on, trowel in then second coat. Clean up and go back. bit wet so wait a bit, cuppa n chat. Back to it, still too wet. Right sod it I'll whack the 1st coat on the next two walls then come back to it.

I am the man!!!!!

Next two walls 1st coat done back to 1st hit.......... Bollox!!!

Had to throw a load of water at it and sweat me gonads off to get decent finish. Leap across to second hit....... sopping wet still.

I swear I heard it chuckle.

30m ceiling tomorrow. Aint taking no chances.

Hello mate, just got round to reading your post :-/

How did the 30m ceiling go?

C

Ah the 30m ceiling!!

Ok so my first time on stilts been walking round the local neighbourhood (you know shopping, walk the dog and stuff) to practice. Any way turn up and lady lets me in then goes out for the day. We set up and start. Bit of bonding to fill gaps where customer has put own boards up and tape. First dilemma..... Where the fk has she hid the kettle!!!! There's tea coffee sugar milk and cups but no kettle. Place is being renovated and found kettle under a train set next to a wendy house!! Essential on any site I say. Tea then on with the skiming.
Very hot so going like a train all over the place. Only mixing small amounts at a time and work a rolling gauge across the length. (10m x 3m) boy doing great job and I'm sweating like a pig. I'm sodden through.
Second dilemma.. it appears miss Marple lives next door and unbeknownst to us the hose has a leak so water has gone under her fence and she now has a wet patio!! Thats it. Wet patio. But no
"I don't know what's going on" She says "but I can't tolerate this"
"Sorry" I says "we'll stop it"
"Well thats not good enough. what about the damage"
"huh?"
"well the patio is water damaged now"
I look at her speechless.
"Water damaged......what, where, huh, what you talking about lady? what do you do when it rains?"
"Thats different."
"Why it's water"
"Well someone will have to fix it"
"ooooookaaaay" I say I'll have a look when I've finished and put it right.... (confused but too busy to care.)
"I'm going out and I want it put right when I get back"

So had a laugh when she'd gone and finished plastering. Lovely job even though I say so myself and the biggest ceiling I've done so well chuffed.

In the mean time I've forgotten the old biddy next door till she shouts over the fence
"oooeey. Mr. Workman thanks ever so much for sorting that it's lovely. If only all workmen were as reliable. Give me your card and I'll recommend you to my friends"
"Oh Ok. No problem." (bemused)

Basically the sun had dried the water. True I swear it.

Just as an aside I charged £250 for this as it was big. Customer seemed a bit taken aback by price. How much would you have charged. Including mats labourer etc.

lol thats a funny story.

I charge £14 a square metre..... does vary a bit but thats what most people where I work are happy to pay

But its all personal really

Danny

so that'd b errrr £420. does hat include materials? I was worried I was too expensive!!
Still they got a lot left so hopefully I'll get that too.

lol yeah it does and on smaller ceilings its around £19sqr

When over board I charge a lot less but artex re skim is what the above figures are on

Danny

I kicked a cuppa over on my pation this morning, couldn't believe the mess, how much for you to come over and "sort it out" for me?

;D

Have to check the weather report. Be round on next sunny day!!
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.