Thickest screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Just done a screed, only 36m2 but started at 65mm. Within a metre and a half of the starting point it was up to 100mm and by the time I got across the other side of the room it was up to 180mm.
Jesus Christ 180mm and over underfloor heating, they'll need to put the heating on in the spring for the floor to be warm for the winter.

Would of been better to bring it up prior to insulation been laid, I take it you only realised mid job.

Just done a screed, only 36m2 but started at 65mm. Within a metre and a half of the starting point it was up to 100mm and by the time I got across the other side of the room it was up to 180mm.
Jesus Christ 180mm and over underfloor heating, they'll need to put the heating on in the spring for the floor to be warm for the winter.
Stop using that fixed bubble spirit level, you know its out by a mile :RpS_laugh:

hang on a min how much sand was knocking about on the job then if it was only ment to be 65 throughout

hang on a min how much sand was knocking about on the job then if it was only ment to be 65 throughout

Told the builder to get four ton of sand, he gets four bags of sand so already short as the bags are 800kg.
Start putting my screeds round and realise just how far out the oversite is so tell him we'll be well short. So he gets on the phone trying his best to get an immediate delivery as I've told him once we're out of gear I'm gone.
Well obviously no gear appeared so we hitched the mixer to the back of the van and got ready to head off. Builder runs over and asks "aren't you going to wait to see if it turns up?" "No and if want us back to finish it it'll cost you another days money" says I. So yesterday back we went and finished it.
Most expensive screed he'll have ever had done I'd wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.