thincoat render??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's for the Top coat then yes, what aggregate size is the T/C? We now do different trowels specific the the aggregate size. Feel free to give me a call to confirm

It is something which is used in Europe quite a lot, it is primarily down to the wear and tear different aggregate sizes cause. From our research and feedback from Europe it also helps with the 'ease of use' on the products.

I will happily do a discount for forum members on these trowels and will do an Introductory price on these trowels for £5.90 + VAT. These Plastic trowels are of a very high quality with an ergonomic soft handle and vinyl blade.

Ryan

Alright BAG

Are you doing the marmorit work ? wondering if you aint sure what float you need if its a wise move. Is this a paying customers house ?

can you get a dood onboard with you who knows the score like

Alright BAG

Are you doing the marmorit work ? wondering if you aint sure what float you need if its a wise move. Is this a paying customers house ?

that john jfe lad talks a bit of sense.

Alright BAG

to be honest mate your probably right there, ive done other thincoat systems but not this one! when i done it before i was working as a gang and used there floats!

It is something which is used in Europe quite a lot, it is primarily down to the wear and tear different aggregate sizes cause. From our research and feedback from Europe it also helps with the 'ease of use' on the products.

I will happily do a discount for forum members on these trowels and will do an Introductory price on these trowels for £5.90 + VAT. These Plastic trowels are of a very high quality with an ergonomic soft handle and vinyl blade.

Ryan

Can you explain further about these floats, Ryan?

A novice like me would like a little clarification to see whether i'm using the right float!

Will email you a full spec on them when I'm back in the country mate :)

You got a review for the EZE Spat yet Nick?

Hurry up with the spec for these trowels, as i will have to put off all my thincoat work, until i know i'm using the right float.

Since i wont be bucket coating tomorrow(due to issue above) i will be trialling your spat!

Haha you never fail to make me laugh Nick! It doesn't mean your using the wrong one for the job, there just may well be a more cost effective trowel! Or better suited to the job

Hi mate,

Sponging basecoats is not recommended. It's weakens the base coat. Andy said he tried calling you today about the trowels but no answer, did you manage to get hold of him?

hi yeah he left a message, i will call him back at some point. would the basecoat still be workable this time of year?

Total b*ll***s

I appreciate what you say Gary, but no matter what the tool is, even if it does actually work you will think its ****. If this was 'b*ll***s' why would manufacturers bother to make them? Why would people continue to buy the tools?

Main reason being; they do actually work. Some tools are better suited for jobs than others and some do help you and make work easier. So many people find this as well. For a man who nearly hates every new tool on the market I'm surprised you haven't given up!

No worries mate, if you need anything else please don't hesitate to give us a call. If you call Andy tomorrow he will get the trowels sorted for you. Cheers

I appreciate what you say Gary, but no matter what the tool is, even if it does actually work you will think its ****. If this was 'b*ll***s' why would manufacturers bother to make them? Why would people continue to buy the tools?

Main reason being; they do actually work. Some tools are better suited for jobs than others and some do help you and make work easier. So many people find this as well. For a man who nearly hates every new tool on the market I'm surprised you haven't given up!
See that's where your wrong i don't hate every new tool because i have used most of them and being a spread no that most of them don't do what they claim you wouldn't know this being a salesman and why should i give up my methods are tried and tested and they work without making stupid claims it does what it says on the tin springs to mind

I know you think the spats, speedskims and plastics trowels for skimming are crap (u haven't tried the EZE spat yet, you may get on with that?). I understand they are not for everyone. But hundreds of people like them and have claimed it makes there life easier. That is the feedback from the customers. I'm only going to sell stuff I believe in, due to us testing them and also our customers testing them and their feedback. I wouldn't just call myself a salesman because I do many other things within the company. But as a salesman you do make life tough when some1 asks for a spat or something else and you instantly blast it. We are all entitled to our opinions, but give the guys a chance to make there own mind up with the tools. People would get scared off from trying them with what you say. Even if there are 100 positive comments and one negative, the negative comment generates much more feeling and response.

Last edited:
I just trying to save naive people money I've been plastering 30 years i know what works and what don't why should i help you sell more just like you posts about the mtec versus a ritmo you won't admit the ritmo is better and you know it is proper chip off the old block you are

Haha, I'm not asking you to help me, I think I'm quite capable of doing it myself! Have you used both machines Gary? The m100 vs the Ritmo 110v, I don't need to admit to anything as I would always back the m100. And have lots of reasons and know of people who use both for skimming and would say the same. It's changed a lot from the first ones that came out and they are widely used. This is probably for another thread though :)

I do agree Nick, just trying to help the guy out. As I said you shouldn't need to use anything on base coats. Obviously he needs something so am advising on what would work.

I may have been unclear but never stated these are the correct tools for the job, I advised that they could potentially help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.