Tip for spot lights in ceilings.

I just paint neat pva on the exposed plaster to stop the drag of the finish on the dry edge of hole tearing the face of the work being done

Does anybody else just drill out the holes after you've skimmed? this is what ive done in the past as long as you have measurements of where the wires are you can just pull the wire down afterwards or if you have access to the loft/floor above you can push the wires through.
finally. someone sensible

@Rossi46 did you ever use those disks?

I really should crack on a get some more sent out to people to try :D
@Danny I swear I’ve still got them in my lock up but unbelievably I’ve not had jobs where the holes have been cut out first! Maybe me moaning about it has sunk in and the sparks I follow are cutting out afterwards.
They sat in the van for months and not one job. Previously the holes had been a pain in the arse.

@Danny I swear I’ve still got them in my lock up but unbelievably I’ve not had jobs where the holes have been cut out first! Maybe me moaning about it has sunk in and the sparks I follow are cutting out afterwards.
They sat in the van for months and not one job. Previously the holes had been a pain in the arse.

haha typical :D

If spark cuts out holes after we tack and before we skim £5 a light, told a developer that and no holes cut out, hit them in the pocket, it seems to work.