Tolerances

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dpbeds

met up with a spread on a site who has a massive project with a view to doing some for him. It's an office block and a lot to do. Hope I can get in there.

As we were going round he told me the spec is for a zero tolerance across the entire wall for float and set in certain places and the walls need to be plumb! The brickies on the other hand have 20mm over 4m! So that means a float at the bottom of a 4m wall of say 10mm would need to be potentially 30mm at the top!

I'm up for it but bit nervous cos I'm used to a tolerance of 3-5mm but up for the challenge.

The architect seems to be changing his mind all over the place. Is this normal on site?

Re:  Tolerances

I have been on site this week working at the new sainsburys in Milton keynes doing rendering!!

What a pain in the ass the 3 hour induction on safety just takes the piss and you have to wear gloves and hard hat at all times... real pain in the ass cos it walls off taking half the bloody wall with it!

Yup architects dont have a clue its common!

Have you got your CSCS card?

Danny

plastering is a wet trade so by nature you work with a tolerance and tell the architect or whoever that its bullshit for one trade to have a tolerance and not the other .experience tells me to walk away from a job like that because you will never please them . ive bin on jobs where the clerk of works has put a feather edge on the wall and it looks perfect then out comes his torch .if he sees light on the other side out comes his pen and marks the wall CONDEMED. like i say walk away so what its a big job but youl work all week for fcuk all

Have you got your CSCS card?

Danny

Not yet. Essentially they're happy that I've got test booked (ref no.) and then I can work on site as I'm working towards the NVQ for the full card.

Under scrutiny tho.

It's hat jacket glasses boots n gloves at all times too.

my cscs card just says I am a labourer...lol should really sort out the full one...lol

My mate just doing the OSAT, the theiving baskets wanted £900 told them s**t in their hat and punch it!

lol
Danny

danny register with citb and you can get grants for cscs also check out train to gain if youve not got 5 gcse grades a to c or an nvq grade two there is funding available

Ah ok,

I tried getting a princes trust grant but because may gvse's where all A - C and I also got 3 a levels too the y said I was too intelligent and that I lived in too posh area? and I did not have a criminal record....lol

so registering with citb may be a path to go hmmmmm

Cheers

Danny

Looked into CITB there are a couple of avenues. First you do the H&S exam then you get the NVQ or SVQ in one of two ways. OSAT or Experienced worker something or other. You have to have been plastering for five years. Register with a local college and they arrange an interview where you get asked loads of questions on all aspects of the trade and you have to produce a portfolio with photos and statements from previous customers. You have to get 100%!!! Then if you pass they arrange for you to go to their college for a day and they assess you doing set skills. If you pass that voila!! (thats french you know!) you get your nvq.
Sounds great eh? Well had a chat wiv lady from NVQ peeps and it ain't. It seems from what she was saying it's a very difficult test.

Once you've got your NVQ tho you can get your special CSCS card.

Don't know about grants but it'll all be means tested won't it?

I'm about to book my H&S test and I'm in the same boat as Danny re Train to Gain. Too fking clever!
I am the victim of my own brilliance!!!!!
I think not :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.