Tri Sodium Citrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Tri Sodium Citrate additive as a retarder to hold the set back? I noticed on a previous post, loads of other potions and concoctions to hold the set back but don't recall this one mentioned??
Would be grateful to hear of anyones experiences with it.
Cheers
???

never tried it
potassium hydrogen tartrate does work and I have tried it, but i aint sure about putting things into plaster, just move a bit quicker is a safe bet

Was using plaster of paris in spain last week and added some board addy to see if it would slow it down, well it did then a spanish spread i know said use mecafina which is a realy fine plaster which they use to touch up machine plaster tried it and the plaster of paris was hanging for a good 15 minutes and still setting hard.
Lucius

Yeah i've used it and it does work.put too much in though and you could be waiting for it to go off for quite a while.

I too would be very interested to find out tried and tested ratio's per bag of multi. Currently I can manage 2 bags of multi per coat depending on back ground, I'm hoping this will push it to 2 1/2-3 bags for those huge ceilings. Do you need to pre mix the trisodium citrate before adding to plaster mix?
cheers.

Cream of tartar for cake making will do it. A cap full or 2 will hold a set back for big ceilings

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Has anyone used Tri Sodium Citrate additive as a retarder to hold the set back? I noticed on a previous post, loads of other potions and concoctions to hold the set back but don't recall this one mentioned??
Would be grateful to hear of anyones experiences with it.
Cheers
???

Were spreads... not fukin chemists... get ur finger out and forget retarders...

Used this chemical for years, find it on ebay, bought a 5kilo bucket recently for about 25quid.
A level tablespoon is enough per bag. Mix with hot water to dissolve and then add to the mixing bucket.
usually only put it in the first coat as the top coat takes longer to set anyway.

If youre working alone and have all the mixing and cleaning to do then the extra time you gain using this chemical makes it worthwhile. A 5kilo bucket will last ages so the cost is peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.