Triple Bay Windows

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

herds

Hey guys,

Triple Bay Windows

looking at below the window.

Can you skim the whole thing in one go or do you have to use stop beads butted together in the between the 3 sections?

Normaly do it all in one mate but if its easier for you do the sides first and when its gone of do the centre working into hard corners.

Usually just break the walls up, centre with the face then two angled bits. Always prefer to work with hard angles if possible.

Is that you're house herds

yea. Actually the triple bay I need to do soon is upstairs, this one was damp so currently its down to the brick.

Usually just break the walls up, centre with the face then two angled bits. Always prefer to work with hard angles if possible.

cheers, is that with beading?

So, do the middle section, wait till it goes off then the sides.

Sounds good.

Only use beading on the face if its into an obtuse angle - you can actually get obtuse angles beads (got a catalogue guide from the merchents with them all in). Don't bother beading internal angles in a bay as I prefer to just hard angle them like a corner of a wall.

if your plastering other areas the room aswell mate use that are as somewhere to spread any raggles you have left from your set so like knock up a guage throw on a wall or so what ever your comfortable with then just try to get one or 2 of the 3 areas in the pic spread with any excess plaster you have left (not the slops you trowel off the wall though)

when you have a bay window like yous ,use a spirt level on the uprights ,when you render mate

if your plastering other areas the room aswell mate use that are as somewhere to spread any raggles you have left from your set so like knock up a guage throw on a wall or so what ever your comfortable with then just try to get one or 2 of the 3 areas in the pic spread with any excess plaster you have left (not the slops you trowel off the wall though)

hehe, one area is enough for me :) though I did do two alcoves the other day and that went fine. I think need to make myself a little spot board though to speed things up, putting the trowel down then using a bucket trowel from the bucket is time consuming.

when you have a bay window like yous ,use a spirt level on the uprights ,when you render mate

Sorry.... you've lost me 100% a spirit level? you mean like use a spirit level and mark the corners with a sharpie? also when I hear 'render' I think of what you put on external walls.

Then pin 2 nails top and bottom in the angle and rule of them

again, lost :D

Status
Not open for further replies.