Up the smoke

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Well after thirty years of avoiding a single days work in London tomorrow is my first.
A day in sunny Islington yipee.
That's what comes from giving my son an equal say in what we do workwise.

ive got to go up there not next week but the week after and it looks like im goin to be up there for ages:RpS_thumbdn:

ive got to go up there not next week but the week after and it looks like im goin to be up there for ages:RpS_thumbdn:

Yeah this is just the first day then we've got about a week up there before long, which is a pain in the arse as I've got about two months of work right on my doorstep but this could lead to more decent jobs.
Where are you off to then Jr and what you doing?

ive got 6 flats in kentish town all on new board work so wnt be too long there, but i am on a day rate for that one so can long it out if needs be:RpS_thumbup:, got a basement to damp proof with that renderguard gold stuff for the same firm and ive got another 9 flats in highgate all float and set but again im on a dayrate but its a very very good day rate so should be a good one, think ive got a large h/s/l to do in bayswater at some point..............i hate working in london by the way

He is called thescud Beddy, ime up town end of next week big job in Kings Cross same as you Andy could do without it got enough on my doorstep but you have to try and keep them all happy.

Well the day went OK.
We left home at six and got there for just after half seven, result.
No boards!
Boards turned up about half ten, all stuck by twelve thirty and away with a days money for two earned by one forty.
Home by three thirty.

We have been Mayfair and Portland Place this month, the parking is ball ache.Moving the vans after 4 hours is a real headache.
Worked behind the Natural History Museum last year, it was cheaper to get a £ 60 fine and keep the van outside the site.Which suited us as we took the CPI in each day for spraying,as no starage space on site.

Will say though London rates still remain extremely good and make it all worth while.

Andy...dabbing boards.... never thought id see the day

I know mate it's just the way things are going. We're doing a big house at the minute which is all dabbed and have just priced another big one that is also down to be dabbed. I said to my son only yesterday that I wasn't sure we'd ever get to float out another place in S&C, then two hours later the builder of the house we'd just priced is on the phone asking about us doing it in S&C. Happy days.

i worked in london on off for about 5 yrs and i have promised myself i am never going there again. the travel time, the diesel, the parking, the traffic, b*ll***s.

Status
Not open for further replies.