Van help!

Members online

No members online now.

Zippydragon

Hey guys , could do with some advice. I used to spread full time but the recession hit and I had no choice but to take a full time job in another field and have ended up still being there as life had happened and become tied to the regular pay. Been spreading again and have enough work to go back to it :) I need a van but have a fairly tight budget and don’t want a pile of sh*te. I obviously would go for a transit but I am a bit tied for space and height restrictions in my car park. Been looking at a lwb transit connect to cover me for the beginning. Anyone else had one and any tips?

Hey guys , could do with some advice. I used to spread full time but the recession hit and I had no choice but to take a full time job in another field and have ended up still being there as life had happened and become tied to the regular pay. Been spreading again and have enough work to go back to it :) I need a van but have a fairly tight budget and don’t want a pile of sh*te. I obviously would go for a transit but I am a bit tied for space and height restrictions in my car park. Been looking at a lwb transit connect to cover me for the beginning. Anyone else had one and any tips?
Had a Galaxy , rear seats out , could get 12 sheets 8×4 with the boot open

Had a Galaxy , rear seats out , could get 12 sheets 8×4 with the boot open
Don't need a big van . get decent small van cheaper to run. If your organised get material delivered. And if your plasterboard ing a small job get 6x3 happy days

i have a lwb hi roof transit connect 07 plate all i can say is for me its bullet proof plenty of room in the back for tools .they have good power and in the 2 years i have it its never let me down .

i have a lwb hi roof transit connect 07 plate all i can say is for me its bullet proof plenty of room in the back for tools .they have good power and in the 2 years i have it its never let me down .
that will be great if he was looking for a van, to park his van in......... i guess

Can you fit 6/3s in it?

I am just lost on what to get, a half decent lwb connect looking at about 4K-5k but I can get an ex council transit with 22k on clock for 6+ the chancellors Xmas bonus.

Get tranny.
giphy (22).gif

if things are that tight then you can always get roof bars for the car for the boards... to be honest though a van will make you look less of a chancer...

I use my car but then I am not out trying to get work :D Just doing the odd jobs here or there

I dunno how anyone gets by with anything smaller than a transit, on domestics it's usually not feasible getting materials delivered as you are often in and out, not to mention deliveries are unreliable! Transit Custom for me and love it, got a roof rack with pipe for beads. Sorted! Not cheap though!

if things are that tight then you can always get roof bars for the car for the boards... to be honest though a van will make you look less of a chancer...

I use my car but then I am not out trying to get work :D Just doing the odd jobs here or there
Just so this for the smaller van

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-200011.jpg
    Screenshot_20181227-200011.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 208
I agree on the smaller van thing, I don’t get it.
just buy a medium size panel van and have done with it, why limit your options and bring hasstle on yourself by having a lot less space.unless it’s tight for parking at home.

Yeah I know what your saying and agree totally. The roofarack boxes are good but only hold 7 boards. Think I will have to find better parking and get a transit

Merc Vito; low enough goes into car parks and under height barriers even with a roof rack, has a under the front seats space especially so you can get a decent number of 8x4's into the van between the arches.
Alternatively, smaller but damn good; Peugeot Combi, Renualt Kangoo. plus roof rack and removable plank 8-9 ft bearers for tying boards down to.

I had a Caddy diesel from new for 15 years and 270,000 miles. Drives like a bus...............but only repairs in that time beside brakes, tyres and oil and filters change were.............. Problem with fuel pump once................2 x coil springs broke............2 x cv rubbers..................2x roll over bar bushes.

Perhaps I was just lucky?

Sold it to fella. Perhaps its still going 4 years later?