Vans

Tommyormaa

Just curious to what people recommend van or transport wise while plastering, what size van or would a car do, just thinking plaster boards wont go in a car obviously, so whats everyone driving??

Just curious to what people recommend van or transport wise while plastering, what size van or would a car do, just thinking plaster boards wont go in a car obviously, so whats everyone driving??

Supply & fit transit size.

Contractor with tools only ford connect size.

mazda b2500 pick up we have one each .
fast to load plasterboard, takes 3.6 metre cove and beads on the angle.. carry 1 and a quarter ton of materials , sand and ready mix screed can be loaded by a digger, these pickups are tough work horses. i have not owned a van for over 20 years.

Word of advice . what ever van you buy make sure you do your research into what faults they have as in gearbox replacement (vivaro ,Trafic etc) and rust issues (Transit) and a good service history is always a plus . Many good second hand deals out there but buyer beware .

Turns out i may have to get a car to fit my tools in since my insurance quote is 4 grand+ and i dont have constant work at the not looking good!

Turns out i may have to get a car to fit my tools in since my insurance quote is 4 grand+ and i dont have constant work at the not looking good!
It’ll be better next year when you’re 25. Is the insurance high for an Astra? Like a mini van. Or can you put the van in someone else’s name? Like a parent, and have you as a named driver? Maybe the quote would be less.

Only pased my test this year been driving on a provisonal but that doesnt count haha, my lass has been driving for 4-5 year so might try her as policy holder and me as named driver if not il try the astra vans

Only pased my test this year been driving on a provisonal but that doesnt count haha, my lass has been driving for 4-5 year so might try her as policy holder and me as named driver if not il try the astra vans
VW transporter t4 great van

Had Cabstars since 1990. Sold my latest 15 plate two weeks ago. Miss it.

Now working out of the boot of the wifes Mini.

Last edited:
Glad I got a lwb, it's easier for boards, usually use 6*3 but good when using insulated boards etc as can get the 8*4's I. Easy. Got a traffic and with the hatch open under the seat can get 4m lengths of coving skirting etc

mazda b2500 pick up we have one each .
fast to load plasterboard, takes 3.6 metre cove and beads on the angle.. carry 1 and a quarter ton of materials , sand and ready mix screed can be loaded by a digger, these pickups are tough work horses. i have not owned a van for over 20 years.
What about hand tools when u have pick up are power tools

Mwb Mercedes sprinter with a false floor in for the boards. Get my ritmo in the sliding door with ramps

I've had my Vito extra long wheelbase for over fourteen years now and although it looks shite, is still mechanically sound. Takes 3m beads straight in no problem.
My Mazda B2500 double cab truck is over eighteen years old and still great. It's my personal/fishing vehicle.
As you might be able to tell I've given up buying new motors on a regular basis lol.

What about hand tools when u have pick up are power tools

our trucks have a good fitting tonneau covers, we keep the collated screwdriver behind the drivers seat, cordless screwdriver and mixer paddle are in the butt.
scrim, moulds, saws, bungie cords, boxes of screws are kept behind passenger seat.
in-between the seats we have 2 plastic boxes, one with spanners screwdrivers etc, the other with plasterboard fixing gear.
we keep the front 2/3 of the butt for tools, material at the rear.
we have 3 cut down scaffold boards which we place on top of the butt, fully loaded this will take 13 sheets of 8 x 4 plasterboard. 3.6 metre lengths of cove and 3 metre beads go on top on the angle. if a ladder is required is goes on the ladder rack at the front rests on the butt at the rear.

you gotta be able to get 8x4 sheets in I think :D if you dont need to get sheets in then a Mini would be big enough :D

our trucks have a good fitting tonneau covers, we keep the collated screwdriver behind the drivers seat, cordless screwdriver and mixer paddle are in the butt.
scrim, moulds, saws, bungie cords, boxes of screws are kept behind passenger seat.
in-between the seats we have 2 plastic boxes, one with spanners screwdrivers etc, the other with plasterboard fixing gear.
we keep the front 2/3 of the butt for tools, material at the rear.
we have 3 cut down scaffold boards which we place on top of the butt, fully loaded this will take 13 sheets of 8 x 4 plasterboard. 3.6 metre lengths of cove and 3 metre beads go on top on the angle. if a ladder is required is goes on the ladder rack at the front rests on the butt at the rear.

f**k that!!!

Just sling everything in back of van and let them all settle @John j

4 grand :wtf: .I though i was hard done by paying 420 euro fully comp .now i feel good about being old :sisi: