Venetian plaster recipe?

camnz

Hi i recently found a recipe online for homemade venetian plaster and thought id play round with it.Ive found some marble dust and have my own slacked lime in the shed,bit of linseed oil,olive oil soap and lime friendly pigments just wondering if anyone here has made their own brew? if so how did you go......

Import direct from Italy off now good friend so no need to and jobs are few and far between as I am too busy to chase or push.

Sure i have read somewhere that set designers for movies just use a mix of acrylic and marble dust with pigments to achieve the same results

Hi i recently found a recipe online for homemade venetian plaster and thought id play round with it.Ive found some marble dust and have my own slacked lime in the shed,bit of linseed oil,olive oil soap and lime friendly pigments just wondering if anyone here has made their own brew? if so how did you go......

How did you get on?

I've done a few methods. Out here its about $500 a pail for Itallian plaster. I think our dollar to pound is 1.73 at the moment, and that will do you about 12SqM finished.

No hydraulic lime, and no type S Hydrated Lime, only type N, so thats us. Ive got pails that are matured for a couple of years. Time to put down this years batch soon as I get a gap.

Anyway, at this stage I've not tried the linseed and soap mix, but have added marble and oxides to guaged lime, works ok I guess

Import direct from Italy off now good friend so no need to and jobs are few and far between as I am too busy to chase or push.

Was thinking of adding this to what i do, who exports it from italay ? Wouldnt mind trying a few samples out. Have heard theres great money in it if find the right clients.

Was thinking of adding this to what i do, who exports it from italay ? Wouldnt mind trying a few samples out. Have heard theres great money in it if find the right clients.

ive been to italy a few times ...the most useless spreads in the world.
many years ago they built the best.
now everything is just blocks of appartments.
a shame really.

Dont they do a course in it, if so, how much is it

yup.... http://www.plasterersnews.com/venetian-plastering-training-day-1/

Dont know how much gold trowel charge but they are the best in the country for venetian and I genuinely believe that you wont get better training @RobJack can also vouch :D

http://www.goldtrowel.co.uk/venetian_marble_plastering_courses.html

I want to do micro cement course as well at some point :D In fact I want to do another week of venetian when i can find time :D

I trained in Italy yrs ago and the place I trained is also my supplier , it's a niche mkt and unless advertising and pushing it i.e. Specializing the jobs are few and far between.
Nice work when they come up but I wouldn't be spending a fortune on training etc .

if it was me mate I would try micro as there's a lot more call for it imo.You can push it a lot easier than Venetian.

yeah I do both.Trained with Andy about 9 years ago but find micro is easier to push.ie bathrooms is always agood one,better than tiles!:fuckyou:

I trained in Italy yrs ago and the place I trained is also my supplier , it's a niche mkt and unless advertising and pushing it i.e. Specializing the jobs are few and far between.
Nice work when they come up but I wouldn't be spending a fortune on training etc .

Yeah i wouldnt be looking to spend wild money on it tbh. Im very busy at the min but wouldnt mind adding something like this to my work for another revenue source. Id be contacting interior designers, arcitechs etc.. and see what can come off it