No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martinemj

started outside work mid feb...hacking off ..hoped by end feb early march
worst of winter would be over...
so far we have 2 jobs hacked off and scratched awaiting this cold snap to pass
:RpS_cursing:
third job having prep work (needle gun over stone to remove loose surface) now done..
ready to scratch

its getting beyond a joke with it being nearly april

anyone else having fun trying to get outside work completed

:RpS_cursing:

Done a render job in January, lost a week but that was good I think to only lose a week, London seems to be milder weather

Same as you Martin, started one in mid-january and waiting to top it off. It only get's mild enough when it's fkin raining!:RpS_mad:

were waiting for the weather to pick up so we can do some lime render on some old barns were on

Same here, stack of outside work waiting but we won't risk it with the weather, despite customer frustrations!
We're not 'spring-chickens' anymore, fook being outside in that all day with the nose dripping, we'll stick to 3 day weeks in the warm!
How much longer can this last, we're in the sunny south after all:flapper:

Same here, stack of outside work waiting but we won't risk it with the weather, despite customer frustrations!
We're not 'spring-chickens' anymore, fook being outside in that all day with the nose dripping, we'll stick to 3 day weeks in the warm!
How much longer can this last, we're in the sunny south after all:flapper:
We pulled off a mono job this week ,lucky to be able to pull some inside work in ,got about 6 weeks out side work to do ,and that is without the phone ringing :RpS_cursing:

you do a lot of pulling off keith do you ever get friction burns??:RpS_confused:

everyones in the same boat i guess,
never known a winter like it, its the winter that keeps giving.im getting addicted to looking at the bbc weather site.
weve got 5 different projects mothballed at present.

i have one cement and sand render and an external screed on a swimming pool complex about 10 ft from the north sea at a standstill. being a council contract it should have been completed by the 1st of april. still i look on the bright side i will not have to wait for the cheque.

Did 10 days in january, 6 in february, 9 so far this month.

Should have hired a taxi and do that for 3 months like I used to. Customers do my head in though. pensioners are the worst and foreign women!

same boat ere, jobs a standin.

was over yorkshire today though and its much worse there - still snowing up there at least by next week down my neck of the woods we should be able to get a spray on but over the tops in yorky land i feel sorry for them lads its bleak

Did 10 days in january, 6 in february, 9 so far this month.

Should have hired a taxi and do that for 3 months like I used to. Customers do my head in though. pensioners are the worst and foreign women!

Women in general!

Same here got 2 jobs left over from last year. Got 4 to do now and seeing another tomorrow. People ask where are you and I say have you looked out he f-ing window! Never mind heat wave next week!

Got a mono job that I backed out in start of December still not got back to finish and 5 ore outsides to do lucky got loads of inside work

Looks like it's the same for all us renderers , im hoping to get back to it after easter I'm fed up of watching loose women

i never start any rendering before April as the weather is to cold even with frost proofer its to risky, but so far i've priced lots of rendering jobs and keep telling them i'll start once the frost and snow have gone, some time around August. i'm priceing lots of rendering but not much plastering we could do with some frozen pipes to thaw and bring down some ceilings.

Anybody tempted to do some rendering this week? Temp during day look good but overnight looking at near 1 - 2c, on the limit!

Anybody tempted to do some rendering this week? Temp during day look good but overnight looking at near 1 - 2c, on the limit!

Its come to the stage I have to! Got 3 customers on the phone almost daily asking "when are you coming back, the sun is shining here!"
It hit 9deg here yasterday arvo but by 4pm temp was dropping fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.