web sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive just made a web site for my plastering business. ive been looking into ways to get web traffic but it seems realy complicated.
just wondering if anyone else has a site and how well it works for them. also how you generated trafic and has anyone tryed adwords?

thanks, dan

ive just made a web site for my plastering business. ive been looking into ways to get web traffic but it seems realy complicated.
just wondering if anyone else has a site and how well it works for them. also how you generated trafic and has anyone tryed adwords?

thanks, dan

Hi mate try putting your website address at the bottom where it says signature, go into profile settings an add it. Also make yourself a Facebook page and keep it active with twitter as well, and the more you post on here and other peoples facebook you will come up in searches works for me. Go and like the plasterers forum Facebook and ask Danny if you can put a link on there also chance of a free prize if you like it :RpS_thumbsup:

i wouldnt waste your money on adwords...........danny's got some backlink tips for a small fee..................:RpS_thumbup:

Top right of the screen click settings. Left side of screen half way down click edit signiture.

Keep adding content to it and share it as much as you can on FB twitter YT and build good quality back links to the site :)

Danny

will do thank you. at the risk of sounding like an idiot... i cant find where to change signaure, it doesnt seem to be in my settings.

also.. i used 123 reg to build my site. it has box for each page to imput seo, page scrips and body scrips. can you advise me what i should put in there and how it effects my site. i have no knowlege of these. thanks!

Basically describe the whats on that page... Normally title is only 100 charachters

SEO Title = Birmingham Plastering Services - Your Local Birmingham Plasterer
SEO Description = If you are looking for a Birmingham plasterer look no further than xyz plastering we cover all aspects of internal and external plastering
SEO keywords = Birmingham plasterer, plasterers birmingham, plastering birmingham, rendering birmingham,

Thats the very basics... but you have to make sure every one for every page is unique.... To be honest you are probably going to struggle to rank a site with one of those site builder packages and they tend to do everything wrong...

Danny

thank you danny, i only took the package two weeks ago, wish id have joined this forum first then i would have been more clued up..
think i mgt do a bit more research into addwords. my budget is quite limited at the min though becase works abit quiet.
please check out my site though and give me some feed back guys!! www.primeplastering.info

The only critism i would have is you have another plasterer in a 30 mile radius with the same name and the same web address but with .co.uk, which may cause confusion and might affect your ranking on google, also a lot of people will find him before you coz nobody really types .org

i had no idea there was someone so close with the same name, cant change now though as have 4 years worth of customer base to maintain. thanks for the help and thanks for taking a look!

just an update on this post (incase anyone cares lol)... firsty just by adding my side to free directorys n things i have gone from invisible to page 2 on google when searching 'plasterer stanley'. (thats where i live). if anone could tell me how to get my signature to work that would be ideal to maybe push it to number 1!
also the other guy with the same busness name as mine only set up last year therefore he cant have any issues as ive been going since 2009.
thanks for your help on this subject guys!

Hi Dan

Go to settings top right ....at the top of this screen.... click on this .....then go to edit signature and write you message in the space and save...i think you can add hyperlink to website cant remember.
have a go...

Hi Dan,

Some nice work in your "Pictures" link :)

At the top of the screen, you've got "plastering stanley, plastering durham, prime plastering, dh9,", which shouldn't be there. If you have direct access to the source code, open up the file, search for that sentence and delete it. You'll find it within two "<script>" tags.

thanks for the feedback fellas

Dan, I see you still haven't edited your signature. Look at the top right of the screen, you'll see "Notifications Settings Log Out". Click on Settings. You'll then see a side box on the left. Scroll down to the one that says "My Settings" and then click on "Edit Signature". Put your website URL there :RpS_thumbsup:

ive looked every where but cant find it.. doesnt seem to be where people have described.

this is the list i get but ive checked them all and cant find it:RpS_bored:

My Profile
[h=3]
account.png
My Account[/h]

[h=3]
network.png
Networking[/h]

[h=3]
forum.png
Miscellaneous[/h]

ive looked every where but cant find it.. doesnt seem to be where people have described.

Remember to use the "Thanks" button on the bottom left corner of a post if you find the response you have received is useful. It will let other people know that the information that member gives is useful :)

Dan I dont know how your getting on with your website and ranking, but if your still struggling I would read a book called "the art of seo" you should be able to get it on amazon.
Its easy to understand and a good read, obviously getting to the top of google is not easy, but if you manage it you will reap the rewards and possibly save £££££ in the long run.
Adwords is good if you know how to optimise your ads but can cost a lot of money if you dont know what your doing, I use adwords quite a lot and it definatley pays for itself butyou need to know what your doing becauce when i first started using it cost me a small fortune for very little return

Status
Not open for further replies.