Weber ocr problem

BigK

Private Member
Architect friend of mine has a problem and has asked me what I think but as I haven’t used any ocr just wondered what the regular users think of the causes of the cracking and mapping of the following.....
Tbh it looks like it may be hollow......
Background was standard 4 inch block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 0D239581-EDFE-411A-8E46-4C06C150781F.png
    0D239581-EDFE-411A-8E46-4C06C150781F.png
    805.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 95EC2647-1EF7-413C-B241-6CBB65823F5D.png
    95EC2647-1EF7-413C-B241-6CBB65823F5D.png
    622.8 KB · Views: 824
I’d say so.
Looks as if it’s sucked like fook doesn’t it?
Dried too quick by the looks and shrunk, always been dubious about OCR. the scratch is not just used to build out its also used to control suction in the top coat.

Could be suction too thin or a windy day
I might of said a sunny day but not in the uk [emoji23][emoji23]

Not on at 15mm did in one pass and sun was on it when it was rendered. Weber is the worst for cracking if u don't know what u at.

Could be suction too thin or a windy day
I might of said a sunny day but not in the uk [emoji23][emoji23]

Just as likely to be too thick as it is to be too thin.
I personally think that OCR is shite as a one coat system. In fact it's not great as a two coat system either.

Just as likely to be too thick as it is to be too thin.
I personally think that OCR is shite as a one coat system. In fact it's not great as a two coat system either.
Bloody nice gear to use though. Shame it’s got its flaws.

Hi all, first time on here, I build swimming pools and usually render with normal sand and cement, I rendered a pool using OCR over Christmas and not overly happy with the results. The render took forever to go off. I left it on the walls for 5-6hours before I touched it and as soon as I introduced a float it began to tear off. A sponge helped but still not satisfied!
Anyone else had this issue?

Weber OCR is a polymer based cement if the first pass is allowed is allowed to dry for a couple days before doing the second pass then there will be 0 suction and no key. 2 pass 1 coat 1 day no problems I have also seen this happen using the official system over a Polymer based internal damp proofer in stead of sand and cement. People don't realise the whole process is a system and you can't just do it however you want

Agree with others it's probably suction, but can it be confirmed that render mesh was used in first pass? My experience is that even if something is sucking like hell, the mesh tempers it and prevents the crazing.