Weber spec and pricing

Members online

CeeVee

Pricing a job up to mono a hotel and Weber have come out and specified 30mm pral m.

This is double the thickness I usually do and in my mind is gonna take twice the effort to apply.

1. Should I be charging double? ( seems stupidly pricey)
2. Would you still go wet on wet (on wet again)?

30mm? that surely cant be right? i cant see weber saying 2 coats of their mono without a primer or rendaid between each coat? whoever picked that thickness out of the sky?

Pricing a job up to mono a hotel and Weber have come out and specified 30mm pral m.

This is double the thickness I usually do and in my mind is gonna take twice the effort to apply.

1. Should I be charging double? ( seems stupidly pricey)
2. Would you still go wet on wet (on wet again)?
Whose speced it,
Is it an architect or a draftsman, most are lazy and just copy and paste a spec off something else.
The amount I get that just say through coloured render 20mm sto or similar.

I know. Seems way overkill.
Getting the written spec shortly so may know better then.
At that rate tho its gonna have to go on at 33 - 35mm to scrape back!
Weber sales must be slow...
I know Weber sales are slowing where I buy because they’re sticking less due to poor sales based on price increases. K rend are coming in a lot cheaper. £2 a bag in some cases

I know Weber sales are slowing where I buy because they’re sticking less due to poor sales based on price increases. K rend are coming in a lot cheaper. £2 a bag in some cases
Stocking not ducking sticking! Where’s the edit button ffs!!!

Whose speced it,
Is it an architect or a draftsman, most are lazy and just copy and paste a spec off something else.
The amount I get that just say through coloured render 20mm sto or similar.
Apparently the developer had someone from Weber out and they said 30mm...

Not got any drawings or anything back yet.

Good point about the beads @Dansouthcoast84

@Rigsby I might put it to them about the OCR

Apparently the developer had someone from Weber out and they said 30mm...

Not got any drawings or anything back yet.

Good point about the beads @Dansouthcoast84

@Rigsby I might put it to them about the OCR

It was Weber who advised me to build out with ocr but one technical rep will say one thing the other will condemn it. One ok’d meshing rendaid and then another disapproved it. They make it up as they go along.

At 30mm I would be tempted to mesh the second coat of ocr. You could chuck in fibreglass mesh strands in. Pagets used to sell it.

Weber is now the most expensive mono available locally.

Give me a nudge if you get the job. I am seriously thinking of going labour only, working for others. Had a really bad run of awkward private customers and employees.

Give me a nudge if you get the job. I am seriously thinking of going labour only, working for others. Had a really bad run of awkward private customers and employees.
Very useful to know.
Would you hire yourself out as man and machine?

Getting decent lads alongside you is the hardest part of the render game. Employing fellas is like being a social worker,I guarantee at least one of mine will blob tomorrow on the Monday morning.

Thought I knew about my job but not according to my current customer. I realised he knows more than I do. Stood over critisizing everything I do.

Had enough of employing, everyone of them is in bad health. I am 60 and far fitter than any one of them. Cant remember last time i was ill. Took 3 days off n 94 for a nose opetaion. Had 5 weeks off in 91 after a knee operation.

Thought I knew about my job but not according to my current customer. I realised he knows more than I do. Stood over critisizing everything I do.

Had enough of employing, everyone of them is in bad health. I am 60 and far fitter than any one of them. Cant remember last time i was ill. Took 3 days off n 94 for a nose opetaion. Had 5 weeks off in 91 after a knee operation.

Bleeding ell! He has had three trades back again today and its not their first time. All 3 left in a bad mood.

I left and he rand to complain about cement footprints on the road around the skip. It was him that demanded it went on the road on not his unmade drive on h&s grounds. Think this bloke has some sort of ocd.

Bleeding ell! He has had three trades back again today and its not their first time. All 3 left in a bad mood.

I left and he rand to complain about cement footprints on the road around the skip. It was him that demanded it went on the road on not his unmade drive on h&s grounds. Think this bloke has some sort of ocd.

Sounds like an idiot

I hate that.
To make an omelette you've got to crack eggs!

The public are becoming more and more OCD. Nearly every job I get, internal and external, the customer is an absolute clean freak. No matter how clean you keep the job it isn’t enough :muyenojado:

Yup... i had a neighbour complain that i had flooded the public footpath.... errr it is is clean water

Asked for a meeting this morning. Customer and his dad.

He wanted to what for? I said I am complaining about his constant complaining!

Well it went well. About time he saw it from my side of the counter.

But disaster now. Got some Parex and it wont spray. 13mm had be done in 3 passes. Slumped or slid off. Hacking it off in the morning.

Parex rep is going to take a bag for testing and Les Lord check the machine.