What Finish is this Please?

grahal

Hi Guys

Are you able to say what type of finish is the attached photo and how to achieve it please?

Many Thanks
grahal
Render 1.jpg

Egyptian Pyramid ... colour?

Sorry not the colour, I meant the textured finish and how to achieve it ... briefly, not step by step.

No, not plasterer but I have pebble dashed my old cottage years ago and built a massive extension, did all trades myself so very practical / hands on.

I am project managing an extension on my daughters house and we are close to render stage. Thought the finish in the photo looked good so thought I'd ask you guys what you think it is?

Thanks

f**k me!!!

Why do all these jumped up pricks refer to themselves as "Poject managing" there little ten bob extensions as though there building a f**k**g pyramid or summet!!!

1) Do your research and get a good local renderer with a quality reputation and view his recent projects on the finish you want and more importantly on what he advises will suit your build!

2) leave him to it without then questioning his every word and checking up on him on here!

3) Pay him well and promptly on completion on recepit of your invoice with his written guarante.

Thank you, now f**k off!!!

Thread closed.

Love Zombie xxx

angry man! thanks

What would you describe me as then ... a 'making it all happen man' ??

I may do the rendering myself!

And the extension is not ten bob ...more like £40K

It's a Project (a task with an endpoint in time) and I am managing (making it happen! ).

I have not contacted any renderers and so I am not questioning anything anybody has said to me.I am finding out for myself!

If you don't want to help, why waste your time and mine having to reply!?

angry man! thanks

What would you describe me as then ... a 'making it all happen man' ??

I may do the rendering myself!

And the extension is not ten bob ...more like £40K

It's a Project (a task with an endpoint in time) and I am managing (making it happen! ).

I have not contacted any renderers and so I am not questioning anything anybody has said to me.I am finding out for myself!

If you don't want to help, why waste your time and mine having to reply!?

So if you value your daughters property and budget of 40k which incidently is still a ten bob extension then all the more reason to "PROJECT MANAGE" and pay for a proffesional rendering company!!!

Wow Zombie yeah I never thought of that ... wow you've been a big help!
Thank You

Your welcome!

There will be another 1 of your lot on probably tomorrow and i will tell him same thing!

You might actualy appreciate some tough love next time after you manage to f**k this up!

Theres plenty of plasterers on here that openly cannot render, theres also plenty of renderers that cannot/dont have experiance on all finishes.

Mono, silicone etc are a world apart from sand & cement, dashing etc.

Your massivley mistaken if you believe your just going to pick up a trowel and leave it flawless never mind acceptable on your virgin outing!

Your massivley mistaken if you believe your just going to pick up a trowel and leave it flawless never mind acceptable on your virgin outing!

WRONG! ... 25 years ago I wanted my cottage pebble; dashed with very large size stones like 1920s style as it was a 100 year + old cottage.

I had 3 or 4 renderers around to quote and they woudn;t do the job as they said it was too difficult! 2 of them said they would spa dash it no problem. I said I don't want spa dash as it would end up looking like a modern bungalow.

Anyway I ended up doing it myself, I started / practised in an out of sight area and then completed the whole cottage. None has fallen off and it still looks good! It's near a main road with lots of people passing, I got loads of compliments and folks asking me who did it!

When I do a job I do it right or I don't do it ...hence me asking / researching on here in order to make the right decisions.

Funny you should say that ... 25 years ago I wanted my cottage pebble; dashed with very large size stones like 1920s style as it was a 100 year + old cottage.

I had 3 or 4 renderers around to quote and they woudn;t do the job as they said it was too difficult! 2 of them said they would spa dash it no problem. I said I don't want spa dash as it would end up looking like a modern bungalow.

Anyway I ended up doing it myself, I started / practised in an out of sight area and then completed the whole cottage. None has fallen off and it still looks good! It was near a man road with lots of people passing, I got loads of compliments and folks asking me who did it!

When I do a job I do it right or I don't do it ...hence me asking / researching on here in order to make the right decisions.

You could hide a dead body in a pebble dashed wall!

You will see a 5mm halo in mono from the opposite side of the road!

You will see scaring on silicone work from not keeping a wet edge from the neighboutong village and you wouldnt even realise you was doing it whilst working!

But hey you crack on mate, fill yer boots!

Just do it! It’s the back of the house anyway and only the dogs, cats and foxes will laugh and piss on it. Your daughter on the other hand will love to have anything for free(y).

I'm just thick, and never embarrassed by asking questions - learn't a lot from the pro's on here (and feet @lurpak)

Usual on here, someone comes on for a bit of advice and gets slaughtered. As I’ve said before I join loads of forums and ask for advice for things I’m not sure of and I’ve never came across the hostility that you get on here.

Usual on here, someone comes on for a bit of advice and gets slaughtered. As I’ve said before I join loads of forums and ask for advice for things I’m not sure of and I’ve never came across the hostility that you get on here.

Thats your opinion.

Mine differs massivley.

There all the same, they have no respect for the trade, know it alls that cant be told anything.

You cant just wing rendering its an insult.

Same person if they do eventualy employ someone are the sorts that are on here checking there every move and looking for faults and problems from the get go.

Tbh i probably shouldnt have commented in that manner but it wears thin, its become a joke this place.

Thats your opinion.

Mine differs massivley.

There all the same, they have no respect for the trade, know it alls that cant be told anything.

You cant just wing rendering its an insult.

Same person if they do eventualy employ someone are the sorts that are on here checking there every move and looking for faults and problems from the get go.

Tbh i probably shouldnt have commented in that manner but it wears thin, its become a joke this place.
If someone wants to have a go let them, it’s up to them. IF they make an arse of its them that has to live with it not us. Some people enjoy attempting different things, I did when I was younger now not so much. I just don’t get the outrage when someone wants to try something for themselves.

If someone wants to have a go let them, it’s up to them. IF they make an arse of its them that has to live with it not us. Some people enjoy attempting different things, I did when I was younger now not so much. I just don’t get the outrage when someone wants to try something for themselves.

Agree to disagree

There all c**ts!

Hi Guys

Are you able to say what type of finish is the attached photo and how to achieve it please?

Many Thanks
grahalView attachment 28944
I can do that finish in any colour from 55 a square, sorted. Must be close to where live, are you getting the picture. We on this forum are mainly professional plasterers\renderers, we are not made of wood.

To answer your question its an acrylic finish! You neen the right tools, equipment and knowledge. At what that stuff costs even practicing will cost.

Get someone who knows what they are doing as this stuff being what it is cannot be gone over that easy. Get it wrong and it will be an embarrassment. Certainly not a one man job!

To answer your question its an acrylic finish! You neen the right tools, equipment and knowledge. At what that stuff costs even practicing will cost.

Get someone who knows what they are doing as this stuff being what it is cannot be gone over that easy. Get it wrong and it will be an embarrassment. Certainly not a one man job!
Is it no mono?

WRONG! ... 25 years ago I wanted my cottage pebble; dashed with very large size stones like 1920s style as it was a 100 year + old cottage.

Anyway I ended up doing it myself, I started / practised in an out of sight area and then completed the whole cottage. None has fallen off and it still looks good! It's near a main road with lots of people passing, I got loads of compliments and folks asking me who did it!

Hi pal zombie is a very good renderer ! The pebble dash you did yourself is fine but very much different to the finish you are after !
1 pebble dash is fairly easy to achieve at acceptable finish and hides all imperfections

2 the modern renders because they are coloured / flat or small texture the room for error is very small ! You can read every book you like but it will never give you the experience needed do your homework and get a good render in

Hi Guys

Many Thanks
Hi Guys

Many Thanks
that looks like a thin coat 1.5 silicone finish and it looks like it's been over rubbed.i would use hp12 base coat with mesh embedded and 1.5 silicone top to match the existing finish

that looks like a thin coat 1.5 silicone finish and it looks like it's been over rubbed.i would use hp12 base coat with mesh embedded and 1.5 silicone top to match the existing finish

I think it looks like a little bit like a 1.5mm silicone finish but then after rubbed up knocked back flat with a steel trowel.

Seen a few jobs finished like that by a local firm somewhere between mono and silicone in apperance finish.

Now the outbursts of hatred against me have died down, I feel I can add some more info.

I was on the EWIstore website and the annoying online chat kept popping up so I sent him the pic on my original post. He said he thought it was 1.5 silicone done badly.

The online guy asked me to email the sales director with the pic, I did and and he thought it was 1.5 silicone that had been applied a bit too thick and so had clumped up in places and also the grains rubbed off in other places.

I guess it could well be 1.5 acrylic with clumping and grains rubbed off?

I would not expect a renderer to get it exactly the same, but I do like the random variety of the finish.

Thank you for your helpful posts.