What one...... Again!!

Members online

roryston

What's the trowel to get then lads n lasses?

fancy one of these slightly flexible, lightweight, leaves no tiger marks, super shine, best thing ever trowels....

heard about Nelas being the boys, what one would be suggested?

Any deals @Plasterers1StopShop I fancy some new kit.....

Funny enough I’ve been looking for a new trowel online today, must be Christmas fever , can’t make my mind up though

Funny enough I’ve been looking for a new trowel online today, must be Christmas fever , can’t make my mind up though
Mediflex Vincey if you ain’t got it already I’ll be surprised you missed the boat on this trowel that’s for sure!

Better than a broken in trowel(old school)

Ooohh that's a tricky one but im going to say yes.
i reckon that the mt xtralite is the only old school finishing trowel still in production that is as good (albeit not as effortless).
My old mans retired now he started back in 1966 and reckons he's used most marques of trowel through the years.
he was genuinely gutted that the mediflex wasn't about nearly 50 years ago when he first started.

A bit more expensive than the rest but get the Marshall town Flexi looks quality and is quality

i reckon that the mt xtralite is the only old school finishing trowel still in production that is as good (albeit not as effortless).
My old mans retired now he started back in 1966 and reckons he's used most marques of trowel through the years.
he was genuinely gutted that the mediflex wasn't about nearly 50 years ago when he first started.
That’s something to take in , might buy myself one

Better than a broken in trowel(old school)

Hardly worth a mention but to be absolutely fair though, I will say that while it is a much more robust trowel then the more flexible types obviously it won't outlast much that's been riveted.
big plus point is they require (very) little running in and are cheap enough to start with.
If I dropped a medi id tut and then order a new one, if Id dropped my old centenary I'd of been on suicide watch.

Think it’s worth mentioning @algeeman was not convinced the durability of the medi because they keep bending from repeatedly trowelling up reveals and pushing the trowel against the bead? I’ve not got the medi myself, I recently got the mt permaflex and wouldn’t buy another it has gone a weird shape with minimal use and you could only use it on plasterboards (would make the plaster greasy on pva surfaces)

Mediflex Vincey if you ain’t got it already I’ll be surprised you missed the boat on this trowel that’s for sure!
I was thinking of trying something new , been looking at the Usa trowels , kraft , curry, Bon trowels, never used or seen one though so not got a clue what they are like
Carbon too if possible, I like my Nela Carbon, my mt Carbon I don’t use to much now , but a nice strong flat , firm trowel is what I’m after , 13 inch , wood handle

I was thinking of trying something new , been looking at the Usa trowels , kraft , curry, Bon trowels, never used or seen one though so not got a clue what they are like
Carbon too if possible, I like my Nela Carbon, my mt Carbon I don’t use to much now , but a nice strong flat , firm trowel is what I’m after , 13 inch , wood handle

The curry takes some breaking in.
Buy one and post it to @clemo to get it broke in. he knows some plasterers I'm sure one of them would do it (y)

The curry takes some breaking in.
Buy one and post it to @clemo to get it broke in. he knows some plasterers I'm sure one of them would do it (y)
Have you got one ?

Sod it im gonna get one only problem is there website is crap.

do you ever flatten off with medi mate I've just been on last trowel with mine was going to see if I can push it further Ie flattening off?

Two of the men that work in my squad use the medi for all the trowelling,might change that though,I think it doesn't level the wall enough an that it's better when the skim is firmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you ever flatten off with medi mate I've just been on last trowel with mine was going to see if I can push it further Ie flattening off?

yes you can use it right through, tbh i think as long as the first coats flat and the 2nd coats flatter then your battles already won.
I put on with a medi aswell athough i normally throw a speedskim round once or twice let It pick right up a then couple of passes with the medi.

last monday i finished site 30 plots persimmons....i skimmed the first 4 plots.
tuesday/wed...sales centre miller homes. (show house in new year)
200 plots.
just done big 3 bed for bellways...3 days.
1 more plot for jones homes in blackpool next week then im done !!

mediflex ripped through them plots.
all 1 coated.

Personally i wouldnt, as the blade is so I don't think it flattens the wall in properly like a steel one does, generally last trowel or maybe last two if walls in good enough shape after second.

Well thanks to you lot i.ve ordered o e of these mediflex see what funds is about. Bet it stays in van

I have a Nela mediflex for about the last six months or so.
Only really use it on the last trowel and find you can finish a bit sooner with it. As in less black in the wall.
I will say this though it's not always suitable. Sometimes you do need the good old reliable Marshaltown for the gauge that's just not going right.

I do . And spray it with oil and wrap it in a cloth . Like putting kids to bed before I even get home
I’ve only done that over the Hollis to much trouble getting oil of in morning, if it’s rusty the wet and dry comes out mind you nearly taken my fingers off a few times