What size trowel?

Members online

megamix

What size trowel are you lot putting on with ? I’ve always used 14inch but I’m considering going down to 13 inch . Thought it may be easier on the wrist . Currently using nela medi flex but I’m not convinced it’s strong enough for laying on with . Im thinking of going back to mt

I used to use 14 but prefer 13 . Seem to have more control though eyes are going so may drop to 12 lol.
Saying that I think I.m gonna get a big f**k of refina sponge back plastic to finish

I find it harder laying on with these narrower trowels especially on ceilings the gear seems to fall off back of trowel.

What size trowel are you lot putting on with ? I’ve always used 14inch but I’m considering going down to 13 inch . Thought it may be easier on the wrist . Currently using nela medi flex but I’m not convinced it’s strong enough for laying on with . Im thinking of going back to mt
18"

Skimspade good for corners. Long sturdy handle, and good for those hard to reach places

If they put a fkg Nela badge on it people would be falling over themselves to buy them and say how great they are.

Your not wrong there mate....
Dropped back using the trowel you were on about the other day.
Can't remember name of it perma mt I think....flying with it (y)

13x5s I use, used. Use 14x4 3/4, tempted by a 14x5 perma for next one tbh, 13x5 perma just gettin into nice order now

My garage is like a trowel graveyard mate.
Feel sorry for them all sat there not being used :birra:
I've 2 13x5s one for sand cement one for slimming, an 11.5 for smaller bits 13s don't get into, a 14 medi and 13 super in regular use too F*****g many

13 normally, used to wave around a 16 but went down to 14 and then down again to 13, was skimming with a 12 inch carbon mt Saturday. Can’t see a problem dropping down to smaller sizes for speed and metres done, doesn’t make much difference? Standard is 13 for skimming (nela Carbon) and 13 for render (mt Carbon) Saturday skimming in a very old building in Exeter , plenty of small walls and rolled ceilings and little bits so 12 inch mt Carbon didn’t make a difference, smaller trowel more pressure from the arm per inch of trowel? Nice and flat. Don’t see how it’s possible to scratch on and trowel up with a medi though? Sounds all wrong to me, if I tried that myself it would be full of ripples stripes and lines.

Two kids on job few weeks back . Got a court letter after using plastic.trowels on a job. Had to go back do a full house again out.of love

I'm the same .got to many trowels. But I must confess. As picture I put on the other day. I've been using my 18" rifina float and 20" spat to flatten it in and it's going well .

I use Nela carbon 13 n plastic . Got a mt carbon to break in n Nela ss . Not buying any more . Got a medi and max in shed collecting dust