What tools are best for these bits

Members online

CatRob78

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. Is there any easy way of plastering these niggley bits. I normally use a notch trowel to do this, and a 2" wall knife. But seems to be really fiddly to do.

Does any one know of any magic tools for this as can't even use my corner trowel to get into them.

Thanks
Cat

Attachments

• 20171216_181833.jpg
    20171216_181833.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 364
  • 20171216_183245.jpg
    20171216_183245.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 363
I bought a 600 speedskim blade and chopped it into all different little sizes

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. Is there any easy way of plastering these niggley bits. I normally use a notch trowel to do this, and a 2" wall knife. But seems to be really fiddly to do.

Does any one know of any magic tools for this as can't even use my corner trowel to get into them.

Thanks
Cat
A set of margin trowels, posting trowel and small tools for the triangles

Good idea lodan, got a 600 speedskim there, so will get cutting it up. Thanks guys for the advice will get on amazon for the spatulas and margin trowel.

Thanks
Cat
Get a decent hammer and smash that thermostat off the wall and that triangle is a piece of cake.
You're welcome.

I bought a pack of car body filler spats things... slices of plastic in different sizes :D work a treat

For awkward areas try using a credit/debit card.
simply Phone a plasterer then use the card to pay them.
Couldn't agree more, when they inevitably cut my cards up at restaurants, dept stores and the likes, I kill 2 birds with one stone and start yelling out dimensions!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Thanks
Cat
New doors. That's what you need. And a husband who's not a violent alcoholic.

Indeed! I met my business partner on here (though she rarely ventures on) so you never know! .... depending on geography... (y)

Jess that's amazing to hear. So far in Dundee we don't seem to have any women plasterers I've been looking. I've heard about a few polish guys who had a girl with them on a job a joiner I know was doing. Said she was doing a great job. To be fair when I started doing research you were the first person that really stood out so your actually a bit of a celebrity to me Haha! Without the arse licking here. :baba: my partners dad told me the top painters in Edinburgh are women and I've seen a woman owns a company that does plaster ing and decorating. I struggle with bags of plaster but it doesn't put me off. I struggle holding me drill my hand gets sore but that will all ease off with time. My 7 month old sons a bruiser so I'm lugging about half a bag of plaster with me everywhere I go :risas: good practice. :musculoso:

Jess that's amazing to hear. So far in Dundee we don't seem to have any women plasterers I've been looking. I've heard about a few polish guys who had a girl with them on a job a joiner I know was doing. Said she was doing a great job. To be fair when I started doing research you were the first person that really stood out so your actually a bit of a celebrity to me Haha! Without the arse licking here. :baba: my partners dad told me the top painters in Edinburgh are women and I've seen a woman owns a company that does plaster ing and decorating. I struggle with bags of plaster but it doesn't put me off. I struggle holding me drill my hand gets sore but that will all ease off with time. My 7 month old sons a bruiser so I'm lugging about half a bag of plaster with me everywhere I go :risas: good practice. :musculoso:

I always knew I should be on a red carpet lol! ;)

You'll gradually build muscles you didn't know you had and beautiful callouses all over the palms of your hands! (.....Hope your partner likes it rough! .... ahem :oops: :LOL:)

There are so many more women plastering than I ever thought. There's quite a few on the talk group on Facebook, though it's full of dickheads on there. We are tomboy plastering you can find us on Facebook and we have some vids on YouTube. Absolutely feel free to call me anytime as you go along for any advice I can give (y) 07982247155. And stick around here, the girls never do and I get the feeling you'll fit in!

You'll gradually build muscles you didn't know you had and beautiful callouses all over the palms of your hands! (.....Hope your partner likes it rough! .... ahem :oops: :LOL:)

There are so many more women plastering than I ever thought. There's quite a few on the talk group on Facebook, though it's full of dickheads on there. We are tomboy plastering you can find us on Facebook and we have some vids on YouTube. Absolutely feel free to call me anytime as you go along for any advice I can give (y) 07982247155. And stick around here, the girls never do and I get the feeling you'll fit in!

That is kind Jess! I've saved your number. Will have a look at tomboy plastering just now. Have saved your number you will be hearing from me. You will have your head burst with questions (y) thank you

You go steady dishing your mobile number out on here you’ll be getting 3am booty calls