What would you do ?

megamix

You price a job let’s say a month ago and you ask them to make sure room is ready and emptied . You turn up in the day and the customer manages to drag their fat lazy arse downstairs to eventually answer the door in their boxer shorts and they say sport mate didn’t think you’d be here this early . Then you go into the room your gonna work in and the sofa is still in there with the kids watching the tv. The curtains and blinds are still up the radiators haven’t been took off. Still got bloody wallpaper on . So do you get back in the van or start doing what he should of done weeks ago ?

You price a job let’s say a month ago and you ask them to make sure room is ready and emptied . You turn up in the day and the customer manages to drag their fat lazy arse downstairs to eventually answer the door in their boxer shorts and they say sport mate didn’t think you’d be here this early . Then you go into the room your gonna work in and the sofa is still in there with the kids watching the tv. The curtains and blinds are still up the radiators haven’t been took off. Still got bloody wallpaper on . So do you get back in the van or start doing what he should of done weeks ago ?

Your own stupid fault for not communicating with customer, isn't it?

You didn't call and say is job ready? I will be there at 8am.

Take yourself back to the yard and fill yourself in and never do that again.

Your own stupid fault for not communicating with customer, isn't it?

You didn't call and say is job ready? I will be there at 8am.

Take yourself back to the yard and fill yourself in and never do that again.
You shouldn’t have to ring every customer to ask them if they’ve done what you asked them
To do . 99.9 % of my customers know how to leave a room ready for me but there is always that one . So it’s my fault is it ?

Clear the room for them nice as pie. Day before job is finished inform them that price has gone up for the half day you spent clearing room............Skilled man rate plus labourers wage.

I just find it really annoying. Old folks are the best . Room is empty kettle is on and money is there at the end of the day . Young folk don’t give a flying f**k and at end of day they are like oh you need paying now don’t you . Send me your back details and I’ll pay you when I can be arsed after you texted me to remind me everyday for a fortnight

I always contact customer week before. Also get them to say what walls are like with paper off. Email. Smartphone pics. What's app ect communication is easy today. Most people think trades won't turn up so you need to chase up

Went to a job before to overboard living room ceiling. Walked in, looked like toys r us.

I said I can’t board the ceiling with the room full. I also can’t wait about for you to do it. So I rebooked it and had the day off.

This is very rare though. So rare that it’s not worth insulting all the other customers intelligence by saying the room needs to be clear. As 99% know.

You’re right about the older customers. Very often I’ve turned up to clear rooms and floor all protected etc

Went to a job before to overboard living room ceiling. Walked in, looked like toys r us.

I said I can’t board the ceiling with the room full. I also can’t wait about for you to do it. So I rebooked it and had the day off.

This is very rare though. So rare that it’s not worth insulting all the other customers intelligence by saying the room needs to be clear. As 99% know.

You’re right about the older customers. Very often I’ve turned up to clear rooms and floor all protected etc
That’s what I mean . You don’t feel like ringing them up to ask . If it was happening regularly then yes I’d start ringing day before . Just a point though I always text the customer a couple of days before to remind them I’m coming . I always do this . Including this one.

That’s what I mean . You don’t feel like ringing them up to ask . If it was happening regularly then yes I’d start ringing day before . Just a point though I always text the customer a couple of days before to remind them I’m coming . I always do this . Including this one.

I’ve recently started doing that as they often ring me to check. They seem to appreciate it.

In your situation there id be offended tbh. If it was having to move a few things, crack on. But not stripped walls is a joke.

Yes because older people were taught values, respect and manners. This explains why you live in a country of knobheads now who value nowt, trash the country and respect only themselves.

Absolutely. Scary really

Yes because older people were taught values, respect and manners. This explains why you live in a country of knobheads now who value nowt, trash the country and respect only themselves.
just in after loading up van took it all out to job to start Friday to be told by key holder no keys left guy said he was desperate to get job done he lives 300 mile away so f**k him I said this would happen because of his track record hes atop earner brain box not in my books

I would go home . But i.d never price a room with wallpaper on any way
Well I didn’t go home . I had my lads wages to pay as well . I just went really quiet and started moving stuff . I was fuming . I’ve never been so close to walking off a job before . House was only about 10 years old so I know walls were in good condition. I wouldn’t of minded too much if it was a steady day but I had it all on

just in after loading up van took it all out to job to start Friday to be told by key holder no keys left guy said he was desperate to get job done he lives 300 mile away so f**k him I said this would happen because of his track record hes atop earner brain box not in my books
Lol I had something similar . I was in an empty house the owner left a key with neighbour because he was in Spain . I had to park right down bottom of road . Spent all morning loading tools and boards in . Eventually about to start work went to plug transformer in and there was no power . The c**t didn’t put any credit in the meter and he had the top up card with him in Spain. He wasn’t back for over a week and I had booked to work there all week . So I had to find work elsewhere for a week at short notice . And yes i did ring him before hand . But he didnt a s**t cos he’s in holiday

Back when I started doing domestics it was common for people to ring up asking for a price for xyz always told them I'd have to see it first some would arrange an estimate others would just say they couldn't be bothered and hung up.

Yip, if you haven't seen it or can't see it (wallpaper etc) don't price it.

One of my very first mistakes:

Turn up to quote

714A8EF0-E60B-45C5-8A0C-C5F126374C50.jpeg

Turn up to skim

F47D87EF-F44D-4569-8322-EC87D5A634A5.jpeg

Well I didn’t go home . I had my lads wages to pay as well . I just went really quiet and started moving stuff . I was fuming . I’ve never been so close to walking off a job before . House was only about 10 years old so I know walls were in good condition. I wouldn’t of minded too much if it was a steady day but I had it all on

Fair play. You from mansfield? Howd the day go after bad start?

Yes mate Mansfield. Job was in Worksop. Just got finished later than expected. Job was through a joiner who gets me a fair bit of work so I stayed for him really . He was booked in to put new skirting and floor on . I wouldn’t of been happy if I’d walked off . I made my feelings clear to him though lol

Had one like that, told them i didn't have the right plaster and would book them in the following week. Unfortunately my poor mum died (again) and I never went back.
how can u sleep at night /if my old mum knew the kind of people I talk to now she would turn in here resting place /tell them u just won lottery so they can f**k off /but u know a guy called andy g that would do it cheap/ cunnnnnnnnnnnt

how can u sleep at night /if my old mum knew the kind of people I talk to now she would turn in here resting place /tell them u just won lottery so they can f**k off /but u know a guy called andy g that would do it cheap/ cunnnnnnnnnnnt
She's actually dead now so thats her off the hook now.........or is she TBC.

You shouldn’t have to ring every customer to ask them if they’ve done what you asked them
To do . 99.9 % of my customers know how to leave a room ready for me but there is always that one . So it’s my fault is it ?
You obviously do have to call the customers mate