When bricks were bricks

Topspread16

Nothing’s made like it used to be in our throwaway society
c29b0c0ba0cd360922a8f9713fdcbf49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuffs not as well made as it used to be so does nt last. Unfortunately that goes for the houses we work on aswell!!!!

some stuff... the flats I'm working on have common bricks made using local materials so they're full of sand and pebbles. Impossible to split or break neatly as they crumble and spall like crazy. No two are the same shape or size and they must have been a tw*t to lay.

I don't think things have changed that much; you get what you pay for.

I don’t know about that we are very expensive and crap our work is always being hacked off and thrown away usually as soon as we leave the job

have you seen the price of a brick ? the cheapest about 50p each, a quality brick around £1 each. you need about 17,000 bricks for a basic 4 bed detached house.

have you seen the price of a brick ? the cheapest about 50p each, a quality brick around £1 each. you need about 17,000 bricks for a basic 4 bed detached house.

Still, when you're flogging that house for £300K or more, it's not that much.

I always wandered how much it actually would cost to make a house 2' higher so that it didn't have sh1tty 8' ceilings? 6 courses of brick all round for much better looking rooms (IMO).

Still, when you're flogging that house for £300K or more, it's not that much.

I always wandered how much it actually would cost to make a house 2' higher so that it didn't have sh1tty 8' ceilings? 6 courses of brick all round for much better looking rooms (IMO).

years ago we had a house with 9ft high ceilings, all of the heat was at the upper most part of the rooms.