Which laser level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelius

Good evening gents, hope you all had a splendid Christmas. I'm looking at getting a laser level in the new year can anyone recommend one for around £150?

Yeah I've been looking at that one, you got it?

Yes i have one and use it regular for tiling, setting datums for ceilings and work tops etc. the only critique i could throw at it is that if you are working in very bright light you can sometimes struggle to see the line. It is basically the same rules as buying a spirit level you have to be mindful of it's accuracy over the distance you are going to be using it for so, he greater the distance and the greater the accuracy you need the more money you will need to spend.

Yes i have one and use it regular for tiling, setting datums for ceilings and work tops etc. the only critique i could throw at it is that if you are working in very bright light you can sometimes struggle to see the line. It is basically the same rules as buying a spirit level you have to be mindful of it's accuracy over the distance you are going to be using it for so, he greater the distance and the greater the accuracy you need the more money you will need to spend.

Cheers, they got good reviews on the dewalt. Never had a laser before but a useful bit of kit to have to make life easier. Hoping to do some fixing in the new year so it's essential I have one.

I got the Stabila cross lazer level for around £130, makes life much easier than just using spirit levels

We've got dewalt 1 and its decent for money it costs..does the job if its just for internal stud fixing and MF ceilings etc it does the job

I used a laser through my build bloody good bit of kit but found the line was not thin enough :-/

Can't remember what one we had but it was alright... Won't last if used everyday by a trade but good enough for the odd time we needed it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hard to beat dewalt for that money! I have this one - easy to use and for short distance is really hard to beat. For long distance I am using Hilti - amazing line and accuracy . Square wals ,angles and were needed 90 or 360' Bosch is the king, although I can't see the line clearly within 3m distance and always use the red glases.

Thumbs up for the dewalt laser level thou 2 things you need to watch out for. 1 is the line isn't that thin and the other, when drawing the datum line right around the room, it can throw you out by 1.5-2.5mm. That is nothing when throwing up boards or timber but when your completely tiling a room, you need to be careful where the grout lines meet. I compensate this by making sure its in the smallest wall where you enter the room, make sure 3walls are all level and use a straight edge to draw a line from wall to wall. This new line might be slightly out of level but no one will ever notice because the grout lines meet perfect and its only out by a mm or two over the course of a few meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.