Who doesnt flatten between coats

Members online

No members online now.
Did my kitchen ceiling this morning, fresh boards but the joists were out a bit so.......little bit of a @zombie mix with some old gear so I didn’t have to wait......mixed up some “dirty” multi and laid in scrim and 1st coated.......washed up. Then yes, flattened in, with the speedy! looked nice and I was tempted to leave the second coat in the bag............nah! Couldn’t do it......mixed up a lovely fresh, clean mix and laid at right angles to the first coat......washed up. Trowelled edges, speedy all over drank tea, more speedy, tidy up, light speedy, wash in edges and trowel, lift dust sheets, drink tea, metal speedy, tools away, prep another ceiling, shower, telly.
Park life....

Same mate. Otherwise just feels like extra f**k around for basically 1 coat.
With this back in may n now we r in the s**t months I’ve changed to tight first n normal 2nd even on refurbs but ow thus gears been going on lately it be too tight coats even on s**t walls

With this back in may n now we r in the s**t months I’ve changed to tight first n normal 2nd even on refurbs but ow thus gears been going on lately it be too tight coats even on s**t walls

same mate or first dosnt go in this timeyear

If working by myself I put on first coat thick but tight put on 2nd coat from same mix flatten off..... don't flatten in between coats

It needs to be wet or first coat will grind through ...especially with new board finish...

I often "one mix" small rooms just catching it at the right time and being careful on backgrounds (grit etc) it never dries as good as two mixing but as long as it paints perfect that's the key but you can get it a nice colour if you've got the time.. On Awkward areas it's good to split bits lay back on after short period then lay other sections on same gear then top it