Who's out today then?

essexandy

The Lake Governor

@ChrispyUK @The Hobo

Fishing holiday for a week mid may, probably be my first time out this year. Going to try and book some long weekends over the summer

not out today getting books done for agm for fishing club to be honest its to fkg cold to fish soon be time for the t shirt on and get stuck into the roach /and my favourite bass on the floating plug
To be perfectly honest if I hadn't wanted to check the otter fence for damage after the high winds we've had I probably wouldn't have gone over today. Having said that one of my members fished in atrocious conditions last night and caught two carp.

To be perfectly honest if I hadn't wanted to check the otter fence for damage after the high winds we've had I probably wouldn't have gone over today. Having said that one of my members fished in atrocious conditions last night and caught two carp.
open the whisky and get warmed up pal

u tea totaler
Lol not even remotely close.
Love most types of beer/ale/lager, red wine and very partial to port.
When my father-in-law was alive I used to buy him a different single malt for every Christmas and birthday and enjoy a glass with him. Perhaps I should go buy myself a decent one like I would have bought him.

Lol not even remotely close.
Love most types of beer/ale/lager, red wine and very partial to port.
When my father-in-law was alive I used to buy him a different single malt for every Christmas and birthday and enjoy a glass with him. Perhaps I should go buy myself a decent one like I would have bought him.
shouldn't say this living in Scotland but some of the irish whiskey is mint

Didn't do much today, atrocious weather, hail ,rain and high winds even the dog wouldn't venture out, tinkered around the garage cleaned and oiled s few reels for when the weather picks up, missus has the hump bout something again so stayed clear couldn't be arsed.

Didn't do much today, atrocious weather, hail ,rain and high winds even the dog wouldn't venture out, tinkered around the garage cleaned and oiled s few reels for when the weather picks up, missus has the hump bout something again so stayed clear couldn't be arsed.
What sort of angling are you in to mate?

thought only me was married to a funny f**k*r lol

Sea angling Andy, shore and boat, some great marks around the Kerry coast was one of the reasons I moved here 20 years ago always fished since I was young freshwater and saltwater, caught my first salmon on the fly 1970 hooked ever since!
I grew up right on East coast and did loads of sea fishing up to the age of 17. Unfortunately it was at a time when the sea had been absolutely raped and the fishing was terrible. That's why I sold my gear and just concentrated on freshwater.

Is it hard to catch carp Andy? Lad that works with us goes all over and blanks. Doesn’t half get some stick. Been some place in Oxford a few times Nottingham couple of places in France. Bills lake was one of them that I can remember. Thinks that everybody that walks passed him on the job wants to talk about fish. 20 men on this one job doesn’t shut up about it then blanks. Comes back quiet as a mouse.

Is it hard to catch carp Andy? Lad that works with us goes all over and blanks. Doesn’t half get some stick. Been some place in Oxford a few times Nottingham couple of places in France. Bills lake was one of them that I can remember. Thinks that everybody that walks passed him on the job wants to talk about fish. 20 men on this one job doesn’t shut up about it then blanks. Comes back quiet as a mouse.
Carp are like most fish, they can be very, very easy catch and unbelievably difficult. Obviously the more in any lake the easier it'll be to catch them. If he keeps blanking on various different waters he's probably what's referred to as a Noddy. Next time he blanks be sure to call him one. He'll really appreciate it.

Carp are like most fish, they can be very, very easy catch and unbelievably difficult. Obviously the more in any lake the easier it'll be to catch them. If he keeps blanking on various different waters he's probably what's referred to as a Noddy. Next time he blanks be sure to call him one. He'll really appreciate it.
He’s a definite noddy, went to France other year blanked his van wouldn’t start so he left it thinking he’d just get it towed back. Got quoted £1500 off 3 different companies, van was only worth £2500 :ROFLMAO:

This is a 'no girls zone's. Now we realise that you're not like a real girl, but you're still not allowed in here. Most anglers don't even like fish, but they like their women even less, it's escapism.
Oh Andrew, you’re ‘baiting’ me now! I caught sardines today... in a can n stuff... so I’m in here and :burlas:

You can’t escape me, I’m everywhere

where abouts do you fish ? club waters etc ?
This is at my own lake mate. I'm also a member of a club and have been in a few carp syndicates over the years as well.
I never seem to get around to visiting the river nowadays, I really should.

This is at my own lake mate. I'm also a member of a club and have been in a few carp syndicates over the years as well.
I never seem to get around to visiting the river nowadays, I really should.
serious question andy, cant work this out,.........how do the fish pike/carp etc get into the lake in the first place,.......have they walked over the fields from the nearest river and said this lake will do,....or do you chuck a handfull in ,

serious question andy, cant work this out,.........how do the fish pike/carp etc get into the lake in the first place,.......have they walked over the fields from the nearest river and said this lake will do,....or do you chuck a handfull in ,
some are naturally in there some put in there hector sorry for butting in

My place is an old gravel pit mate and originally the fish would have been stocked by the first angling club that controlled it. Most of the species then breed successfully enough to sustain their populations. Carp don't breed successfully in a lot of lakes (such as mine) and need restocking from time to time. And they're not cheap!

My place is an old gravel pit mate and originally the fish would have been stocked by the first angling club that controlled it. Most of the species then breed successfully enough to sustain their populations. Carp don't breed successfully in a lot of lakes (such as mine) and need restocking from time to time. And they're not cheap!
What’s the reason for the carp not breeding well?