Will hacking off old blown render damage internal walls

cassas00

I want to get a new kitchen but I also want to get the rear of my house re-rendered.
While getting quotes about the rendering they mentioned the old blown render would have to be hacked off, the sound stuff could stay. Some sections do sound hollow at the lowest parts of the walls.

My kitchen and bathroom are currently being dot and dabbed and skimmed but I'm worried that if I fit my new kitchen now, will the rendering damage my internal walls/plaster to crack? Should I delay my kitchen being fitted until after the rendering?
The affected rooms will be a small section of the dining room, with French doors, solid brick, plastered walls.

Kitchen, utility and bathroom, dot and dabbed on 9 inch solid brick, no cavity.

I have done hundreds of hack offs on 9” solid walls and in most cases there has been no damage. It is possible though but less on dot and dab than solid plaster.

If you are concerned then have the top coat of render removed but the scratch coat, the coat that has been applied to your bricks can be left on if it is sound. Most of the modern new renders have base coats that are high polymer and stick like s*@t to a blancket so no worries about the new blowing.

Agree never had an issue knocking off render on a solid wall Tbf most are a better build and stronger than most more modern newly built houses
Smash away , personally I’d say strip the lot on the exterior and start fresh

I’d sand and cement the inside walls with waterproof after hacking off , wouldn’t use hardwall or dot do dab

Think this house will need building regs approval so some insulated render or plastering is required.

If hacked off properly and not smashed in it should come off without shock damaging inside face.