Window protection

Members online

stuart23

Private Member
Anyone know how to get this window protection off? When the window was put in I just left it on as had to build out a lot around it so was waiting till roughcast was done. Long story short roughcast was longer than expected and now this is a nightmare, just tears of in little bits.
F5706D10-8BF7-4173-83C8-0BD93A54E760.jpeg

Anyone know how to get this window protection off? When the window was put in I just left it on as had to build out a lot around it so was waiting till roughcast was done. Long story short roughcast was longer than expected and now this is a nightmare, just tears of in little bits. View attachment 33616
Video of you in ye kilt pulling it off lol

Warm it up , if you can still get backing tacky again it should peel off easier.
The problem is the tape has lost its strength, it comes off easy put only in tiny little bits. Want to just pick a little corner then rip it off in one lol

Duck tape but only on the plastic you want to remove. Just pull the duck tape off and hopefully the plastic will come with it.. The longer you leave the better it will stick but try a patch. Then wd40 to remove any glues left.. Not tried this myself but I did read this work ages ago. Somewhere.. Good luck and report if it works..

Duck tape but only on the plastic you want to remove. Just pull the duck tape off and hopefully the plastic will come with it.. The longer you leave the better it will stick but try a patch. Then wd40 to remove any glues left.. Not tried this myself but I did read this work ages ago. Somewhere.. Good luck and report if it works..
This sounds like a plan. The hair dryer thing I’m not sure would work as the tape has went very brittle and just snaps.

As above (hair dryer) and if is is still covered in adhesive and tape white spirit and elbow grease.
Nail varnish remover or petrol if its extreme Some c**t taped up some cills with gaffa tape few year back and petrol was the only stuff to get the residue off. f**k**g nightmare

Nail varnish remover or petrol if its extreme Some ct taped up some cills with gaffa tape few year back and petrol was the only stuff to get the residue off. fk**g nightmare

@stuart23 make sure you save this post as evidence! By the time you’ve finished buying masking tape, petrol, WD40 (aka lube) you’ll be needing a solide explanation!!!

I am sure window fitters say to remove that tape straight away.... lol on white windows I have seen it turn them yellow

@Danny can you send this man a pint glass and a mug please, great bit of advice

This sounds like a plan. The hair dryer thing I’m not sure would work as the tape has went very brittle and just snaps.
Acetone and a window cleaner's bladed scraper. But be sure to wash the window as soon as you're finished, and don't dig the scraper into the pvc.