Word of warning!

I wish you all the luck and hope everything works out for you, you must be emotionally and physically drained, take it easy and enjoy life - we only have one chance at it.

I know what it feels like to throw everything down and storm off, it's the easier way than physical conflict and I salute you sir. I would have more than likely done the same, and I daresay others would have too

It's what makes us human (and let's not all forget, we are indeed only human)

I like to think you'll stick around and give opinions and advice along with the great banter, keep in amongst all the professionals on here and keep connections going with fellow peers.

Again, I wish you all the luck and health to keep going

LaggyLarry

Thank you mate. Means a lot, i just need to regroup and look where i went wrong.

Were you aware of all the obstacles he had to face to complete the jobs? As for materials, they should be in place before he arrives tbh. If I can’t finish my day because you have failed,I’ll charge you a day work for that!
The answer to these obstacles comprised of " not my problem" and why havent you sprayed all 50 bags by your self, why did you only spray 30"

The answer to these obstacles comprised of " not my problem" and why havent you sprayed all 50 bags by your self, why did you only spray 30"
That doesn’t sound good in my book , honestly. It doesn’t matter day or price work, no pressure should be run down the pipe. Mono doesn’t tolerate even the smallest mistake . 30 bags on your own it’s not bad at all if that’s top coat only. And while here, what size beads have you put on?

Ps @Danny you should move it to the private section now.

sooner or later it comes down to
This sort of stuff can happen.

I've been f**k*d up five times this year ... spectacular run of bad luck that's seriously hurt me. Four business trips to the UK that haven't come off properly, seriously damaging my business to the point where I don't know what the f**k I'm going to do about it and one .... lemme tell you...

Chap rings me to do a bit of plastering for him (a wee shed, he said) Two days work he said.

What he meant was that this is the shittest job that I've got on at the moment, I can't be arsed doing it and the owner is pressuring me. I can't be arsed scaffolding it and I don't want to pay very much for anyone else to do it.

When we got there, it was a 13m one story gable in a BFO garage of the kind that farmers have with two rickety trestles, two bendy planks and a stack of beer crates to stand on - to be done inside and out, two smallish walls, and the garage door inside and out. Oh, and I forgot to put surrounds on these three windows, can you just make them up for me? Thanks.

I couldn't even get at the outside without dismantling the fence and even then it was horrible.

And then the fcuking mixer packed up.

While I'm trying to salvage anything at all from the day, the owner comes back and tells me that the mixer doesn't work properly unless it's perfectly level, I'm there til nine o'f**k**g clock that night trying to make it so's there's something to show for it and still got the boot.

The guy says the mixer was level and hands me £50 as a sort of peace offering and no doubt tells all his mates that I'm a useless Englishman.

Brill.
Thats your problem.

That doesn’t sound good in my book , honestly. It doesn’t matter day or price work, no pressure should be run down the pipe. Mono doesn’t tolerate even the smallest mistake . 30 bags on your own it’s not bad at all if that’s top coat only. And while here, what size beads have you put on?

Only problem is if goes to private section old Albert bacon lover and bish bosh big bish won't be able to see it

All in all this is a salutory tale. One man taking on more than he can do, probably because another man took on more than he could do. It’s the way of things.

There was an accident. A hose blew out. It’s the operators fault, and that’s that. @BigBish has already owned up to it. His crime is that he left it like that, that’s all.

@Albertnobacon has his own points to reconcile here. Firstly, he must have realised that the work was too much for the less experienced bigbish.........as a businessman, he would be foolish to leave his good name in the hands of someone likely to struggle.

All of us who have ever employed or subbed to another must take some responsibility for the work we gave to them. In my opinion you owe it to both your customer and to your subbie to ensure that the resulting work satisfies all parties. That’s the job of the organiser. However, that in no way exonerates bigbish from not owning the job. Day one if there’s issues raise them. If there’s b*ll***s spoken by any party expose it.

The organiser should own the job as well, after all he expects to trouser some profit. All materials should be there. All scaffold should be fit for purpose. Everything about the job is the organiser’s problem, everything.

All in all a man had a s**t time and bottled. That man has to live with it. Another man gave a man a chance to show how good he could be, both men failed. One because he couldn’t rise to it for a number of reasons, and the other because rightly or wrongly he allowed a man to be set up to fail and still expected to profit.

The loser here is the customer.

This forum hammers people for “ practising on someone’s house”, and yet isn’t that what has happened? One bloke for taking the job and subbing it to a bloke not comfortable in the doing of it. Dragons den would have shot them both down in flames.

However, a few quid on a clean up campaign and a bottle of scotch for the client and some flowers for his Mrs will get it sorted.

@BigBish has problems and has a long road to travel to sort his life out. I wish him luck.
@Albertnobacon has had a wake up call as well. Take nothing for granted. Expect the unexpected. But remember that as the middle man you have responsibilities at both ends of the contract. Your client expects YOU or at least someone as good as YOU if the work is done in YOUR name. I wish you all the very best, and from your posts I know that you will take all this on the chin and move on.
Good luck.

Very wise words from @Dropsalot

Just to add machine rendering is not a 1 man job, especially a G5, I’d be surprised if you even got it out of your van without help.

You’ve set up to fail and cause yourself no end of stress trying to work like that.

I dread the spraying days and early starts even with 2 lads doing most of the work, the thought of climbing out of bed to tackle any area with a machine alone is absolute madness.

All in all this is a salutory tale. One man taking on more than he can do, probably because another man took on more than he could do. It’s the way of things.

There was an accident. A hose blew out. It’s the operators fault, and that’s that. @BigBish has already owned up to it. His crime is that he left it like that, that’s all.

@Albertnobacon has his own points to reconcile here. Firstly, he must have realised that the work was too much for the less experienced bigbish.........as a businessman, he would be foolish to leave his good name in the hands of someone likely to struggle.

All of us who have ever employed or subbed to another must take some responsibility for the work we gave to them. In my opinion you owe it to both your customer and to your subbie to ensure that the resulting work satisfies all parties. That’s the job of the organiser. However, that in no way exonerates bigbish from not owning the job. Day one if there’s issues raise them. If there’s b*ll***s spoken by any party expose it.

The organiser should own the job as well, after all he expects to trouser some profit. All materials should be there. All scaffold should be fit for purpose. Everything about the job is the organiser’s problem, everything.

All in all a man had a s**t time and bottled. That man has to live with it. Another man gave a man a chance to show how good he could be, both men failed. One because he couldn’t rise to it for a number of reasons, and the other because rightly or wrongly he allowed a man to be set up to fail and still expected to profit.

The loser here is the customer.

This forum hammers people for “ practising on someone’s house”, and yet isn’t that what has happened? One bloke for taking the job and subbing it to a bloke not comfortable in the doing of it. Dragons den would have shot them both down in flames.

However, a few quid on a clean up campaign and a bottle of scotch for the client and some flowers for his Mrs will get it sorted.

@BigBish has problems and has a long road to travel to sort his life out. I wish him luck.
@Albertnobacon has had a wake up call as well. Take nothing for granted. Expect the unexpected. But remember that as the middle man you have responsibilities at both ends of the contract. Your client expects YOU or at least someone as good as YOU if the work is done in YOUR name. I wish you all the very best, and from your posts I know that you will take all this on the chin and move on.
Good luck.
Well said.

It is full of bitches.. You can't say or do anything.

Something has made people despise me in here and honestly can't think what.. Possibly after putting a picture up.

I've tried being a dick, I've tried being nice, I've tried making jokes.. All while being myself.

There's a lot of chips on folks shoulders. I'd be willing to put it all under the bed and start again. A lot can't do that

10mm beads as speced by the "boss"

Dont want to use too much gear!
I was speaking to someone last night who used to work with bacon. Apparently they f**k*d up a massive hit once, f**k*d off after 2 days of scraping hard render and blocked the companies number.

Hmm

(y)

Something has made people despise me in here and honestly can't think what.. Possibly after putting a picture up.

I've tried being a dick, I've tried being nice, I've tried making jokes.. All while being myself.

There's a lot of chips on folks shoulders. I'd be willing to put it all under the bed and start again. A lot can't do that

Give a week of being nice to folks ..if it don't work go back to telling everyone there a cuunt(y)

10mm beads as speced by the "boss"

Dont want to use too much gear!
I was speaking to someone last night who used to work with bacon. Apparently they f**k*d up a massive hit once, f**k*d off after 2 days of scraping hard render and blocked the companies number.

Hmm
That’s ok. Basecoat +10mm bead will give you the minimum 15mm thickness. The other way is 15mm bead +10mmbasecoat +10mm top coat.