Work Footwear - Advice?

Members online

silbchris

Afternoon everyone,

I'm looking to invest in better footwear - I always prefer solid shoes over boots becuase they don't rub my ankles as badly.

Think the wide fit would be a better size for me and they'd last. I'd rather pay more than need another pair soon down the line. Anyone on here have preferred brands or sizes that suit them better? I always struggle with the right footwear.

Thanks,

Chris

Afternoon everyone,

I'm looking to invest in better footwear - I always prefer solid shoes over boots becuase they don't rub my ankles as badly.

Think the wide fit would be a better size for me and they'd last. I'd rather pay more than need another pair soon down the line. Anyone on here have preferred brands or sizes that suit them better? I always struggle with the right footwear.

Thanks,

Chris
You should change your username to friendly face

Slazenger trainers 20 quid sports direct disposable at that price new pair every job just price them in,
IMG_20191113_160826.jpg
make sure the first bit of plastering or rendering you do drops on the logo

Afternoon everyone,

Thanks,

Chris

If you don't need steel then consider hi tec magnums. Canvas ankle won't rub at all.

Recently got these as normal trainers don’t last long at all. And boots are just too bulky for plastering.

4BDD22F3-86BA-4ECE-813C-AD2EB04B7ADE.png

Good so far

Don't give a f*** what I look like can't bounce around all day with heavy tombstones on

That's why the hi tec is my choice of boot. Looks like a boot and feels like a trainer.

I'm not saying I'd f**k someone off for wearing tatty old trainers but I'd still think you looked like a pikey and depending on other things, it might cost you the job.

That's why I wear boots, a hi Vis jacket and proper work trs.

That's why the hi tec is my choice of boot. Looks like a boot and feels like a trainer.

I'm not saying I'd f**k someone off for wearing tatty old trainers but I'd still think you looked like a pikey and depending on other things, it might cost you the job.

And sell horses and drive around in a truck with a big bell etc

Get what you're saying mate but if a customer was willing to f****** off for my pumps good luck to the next Man because I ain't interested in working for anyone that fussy

Get what you're saying mate but if a customer was willing to f****** off for my pumps good luck to the next Man because I ain't interested in working for anyone that fussy

exactly that.Some parts of London, trades are treated like peasants.Have to park elsewhere so no work vans seen. Not allowed to use lifts etc.

Id never work for c**ts like that no matter what the pay.Rather keep me dignity

exactly that.Some parts of London, trades are treated like peasants.Have to park elsewhere so no work vans seen. Not allowed to use lifts etc.

Id never work for c**ts like that no matter what the pay.Rather keep me dignity
Same they could kiss my big hairy ass

I take work boots seriously. The sole has be steel lined as well as built in shock proofing. I always wear quality insoles help cushion shock.

I broke a small bone in foot after slipping off the bottom rung of a ladder years ago and it is giving me grief in the colder months so a lesson taught there.

Get some broges! The more details the better and don’t forget to tuck your traggy bottoms into your socks! You will be the coolest guy in the room guaranteed (y)

I always have extra insoles now and to be honest I love my rigger boots :D one of teh most comfortable boots I wear. Like rigsby I have to have a steel sole and toe caps and that is because I do a lot of work with metal so it is essential :D