Working to cheap ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPS

Im new to this forum so hi every one!

Im 22 and have been working with my dad about 5 and a half years now, he has been working with a building contractor for the past 33 years doing genral building etc from small extensions to building new houses. mainly doing alot of plastering work, we have recently set up our own plastering business and it has been up & running for a couple of months now. we had a customer that got in touch and they said, would you be able to quote up the work i need doing.... which was one wall that needed re skimming in there front room, it was 20ft by 8ft my dad said he would do it for £75 materials included which is far to cheap i think! we had the job done and was home by midday and the customer gave us £80 which we split in half. so £40 each! ! !

We then had another job come in for a 12ft x 12ft room to be reskimmed including the ceiling we charged £300 all in and was done in a day. is this a reasnable price ? and could you tell me what would be the best way of pricing a job up ? many thanks

steven.

How much do you's want to earn a day? Then work out how many days job will take you's, add the cost of materials,, there's your price:RpS_thumbup:

If it works for you then its right ,no one can tell you what to charge ,as no one here has seen your work ,do what is right for you ,best of luck

Couple of grand a day I reckon in Burkshire, don't they all drive around in Range Rovers and have tea with the Queen down there? :RpS_wink:

alreet PPS welcome marra..............surely if ya old man has been in the game for 33 years he knows how to price..................:RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.