Worse feeling,than a ceiling dropping .

Donzo

Previous customer calls, leaves message, are you still coming today, I look at a previous text, I booked her in for today, 6day shot, put her in diary for same date but in March. My fault 100%, never done it before. Feel worse than that feeling you get when a ceiling dropped many years ago. Mind is starting to go.
Offered her compensation, she will wait.
Aaaaaaaaa

I have had sleepless nights about this... never done it but sometimes you get that feeling that you aree forgetting something

@Tinytom will probably tell you same. After a long stint in Bosnia (18 months but no war story here, the war was long finished) it was still necessary to be armed and as you might imagine, looking after your rifle is a very big deal in the army.

Anyway, after a year and a half of never leaving camp not tooled up it took me about a year to stop feeling vaguely empty handed or like I'd forgotten something. Especially on a long night drive, just doing that absent minded housekeeping that means you notice things like fuel and where you're going and if you're on time... fuel good, time good junction 9m1 good rifle RIFLE!?!
Stop it you spakker. You're a civvi now and have been for 9 months.

@Tinytom will probably tell you same. After a long stint in Bosnia (18 months but no war story here, the war was long finished) it was still necessary to be armed and as you might imagine, looking after your rifle is a very big deal in the army.

Anyway, after a year and a half of never leaving camp not tooled up it took me about a year to stop feeling vaguely empty handed or like I'd forgotten something. Especially on a long night drive, just doing that absent minded housekeeping that means you notice things like fuel and where you're going and if you're on time... fuel good, time good junction 9m1 good rifle RIFLE!?!

I can quite believe it :D

I was just getting in car with family for a bank holiday Monday day out and phone rang, customer asking if I still coming to skim small bedroom?!
Totally forgot but went round and sorted it, in the days when I still used pva.
Wots pva. Got to do with it.

The main thing that I struggled to adjust to after 2 almost back to back tours if afgan was the freedom when you come home you can just walk out the front door into the world without a care.
Took me 2 weeks before I could go into a crowded place

The main thing that I struggled to adjust to after 2 almost back to back tours if afgan was the freedom when you come home you can just walk out the front door into the world without a care.
Took me 2 weeks before I could go into a crowded place

I think we had a bit of that in baor anyway. We lived behind the wire, shopped in the NAAFI and went to one bar 100m from camp. Plus endless mither about the IRA.

I'm not really sure we'd have noticed the restriction.

Family and friends said I was more of a live wire after grapple 3 - which to be fair was a totally different thing to a Herrick.

I never investigated what they meant exactly.