Worth its weight in gold.

Members online

TonyM

Private Member
449bcb2d7b99d06bf46d2d319e0b3c64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a nice bit of kit, but to bulky either to carry around.

Was it expensive?

A new one is about a grand now. I paid £250 off a builder that was going bust.
It's heavy, but I work alone so it saves me having to find another pair of hands.

Reactions: gps
It might help on slope if you screw 2 bits of wood 1 foot in either side of bottom board. Screw overlapping by about 15mm. The next board will drop in the slot created. I hire a board lifter for £25 a day. Think its £50 for the week. Brilliant bit of kit and nice to own one. You doing good work there

Reactions: gps
@TonyM I paper tape my joins then skim as usual, I know that you shouldn't use the premixed tub compounds then use the powder ones on top but don't know why exactly. Would it be an adhesion or chemical reaction problem?

@TonyM I paper tape my joins then skim as usual, I know that you shouldn't use the premixed tub compounds then use the powder ones on top but don't know why exactly. Would it be an adhesion or chemical reaction problem?

It shouldn't be a problem putting powder joint cement on top of ready mixed, but not a setting compound like fast set.

It shouldn't be a problem putting powder joint cement on top of ready mixed, but not a setting compound like fast set.

Thanks Tony I was thinking more like my skim on top of the ready mixed normally next day after its set.

Thanks Tony I was thinking more like my skim on top of the ready mixed normally next day after its set.

I would think that putting a harder setting compound on top of a softer air drying material, breaks it down with the moisture, heat generated on setting, and the forces involved in that process. Not that I'm a scientist or anything.

Nice job Tony, obviously joiners do most of plasterboarding north of border but you would put them to shame bud..
'Inserts big thumbs up'..