You lot aint me only friends

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32554

what are you doing there @Havagojo
Do a lot of charity work , this is dinner club , drop in , serve dinners, tea , clean up and as you can imagine I entertain , make em laugh with silly conversation , most volunteers are a bit softly softly politically correct or unconfident i don't do that , I used to do dementia days as well , but stuck up organiser put me off , treating them as patients through lack of confidence , didnt like me sitting with them for lunch and showing them up as the other helpers sat together on their own table .
have cooked in a dementia home before but greedy business bosses didn't like my approach , didn't mind me spending all of my wages on treat food for them , £2.75 food allowance for 3 meals cos they assumed it made no difference, I used to take fresh veg and things like joint of top quality beef and salmon , pay was £6/ hr ( 8 y ago ) 6 hr shift , I'd be there min 8 to treat them like they were in a hotel , befriended one chap , he wasn't too gar gone , family abandoned him , great sense of humour, after I left I'd pick him up on the pretence he I needed him for work , take him to a job , move a couple of empty bags about , perhaps sweep a room , then to mine for tea with the family and a half in a pub before back to his cell, bugger lived for 3 y and probably cost me a few grand but worth it

Do a lot of charity work , this is dinner club , drop in , serve dinners, tea , clean up and as you can imagine I entertain , make em laugh with silly conversation , most volunteers are a bit softly softly politically correct or unconfident i don't do that , I used to do dementia days as well , but stuck up organiser put me off , treating them as patients through lack of confidence , didnt like me sitting with them for lunch and showing them up as the other helpers sat together on their own table .
have cooked in a dementia home before but greedy business bosses didn't like my approach , didn't mind me spending all of my wages on treat food for them , £2.75 food allowance for 3 meals cos they assumed it made no difference, I used to take fresh veg and things like joint of top quality beef and salmon , pay was £6/ hr ( 8 y ago ) 6 hr shift , I'd be there min 8 to treat them like they were in a hotel , befriended one chap , he wasn't too gar gone , family abandoned him , great sense of humour, after I left I'd pick him up on the pretence he I needed him for work , take him to a job , move a couple of empty bags about , perhaps sweep a room , then to mine for tea with the family and a half in a pub before back to his cell, bugger lived for 3 y and probably cost me a few grand but worth it
Good for you m8. Your pherputic lab then

I’ve looked and looked but can’t see @essexandy . Was he having his bum changed when you took the picture?
I'd got most of the regular names ready for the joke but only got cockneys done and the chief of the show stopped me , , some with dementia and no photos allowed , you were getting the bloke with the blue collar , he's single (y)

Anyway, what's all this s**t? Everyone sending me messages, who was that weirdo that wrote on his hand the other day?

Or to put it another way, long-term grooming.

That is such a lovely thing to do, it can be a very humble experience. Wish there are more people like you doing this (I used to help in a soup kitchen)