600mm spats

Members online

zombie

Private Member
I use a 600mm spat on basecoats for render, just wondered if anyone uses them on skim?

Not trying to reinvent the wheel or owt just curious, I sometimes use same size speedskim sometimes I think its great other times crap.

Zombie

Yeah I use one for skimming mate and find them better that speed skim personally.

no i don't mate.Ive got 1 metre spat i find good on walls but abit much for a ceiling unless a clear run so go for 600mm and its bang tbh.

I use a 600mm spat on basecoats for render, just wondered if anyone uses them on skim?

Not trying to reinvent the wheel or owt just curious, I sometimes use same size speedskim sometimes I think its great other times crap.

Zombie
If you want a 600 steel finishing blade mate I'd say treat yourself to a sf or a bero , sf is o.3mm and the bero is 0.25 mm they both have better handles and are designed to finish skim.

If you want a 600 steel finishing blade mate I'd say treat yourself to a sf or a bero , sf is o.3mm and the bero is 0.25 mm they both have better handles and are designed to finish skim.

Thanks @Vincey

Though I ain't got a fooookin Scooby doo what all that lingo is??????

Thanks @Vincey

Though I ain't got a fooookin Scooby doo what all that lingo is??????
lol Speedskim sf is a metal finishing blade 600mm wide 0.3 mm thick and the beroexpert is a different make of trowel same width but has 0.25mm blade and is different design tbh I prefer speed skim as they are not rigid the blades have movement in the handle housing, side ways and forwards and back , which tbh makes all the difference

I've got a refina spat 600 very useful tool especially on ceilings with a pole,I've used it enough to get it worn in and finish with it.