Adivce please!!

Members online

Mick2308

Alright lads,
Got a rendering job coming up,the walls are already rendered and just had a new coat of paint,now the client has changed there mind and now want a new coat of render on them because the old one looks a bit s**t now the render is really hard and would be t**t to hack off,can't mesh it because it's on a firing range something to do bullets bouncing of it,sounds bollox to me but anyway, thought about SBR but not sure wether it hold new render because of new paint work any ideas would be great cheers

16830927_1269255099806315_3814154037623519314_n.jpg

Tbh I'm sick of hearing about going over old render, read a post from a good plasterer the other day he said since when did it become the norm to not smash it all off and start a fresh , saying that though suppose there are products out there to do it , but it probably won't be cheap lol

Last edited:
Tbh I'm sick of hearing about going over old render, read a post from a good plasterer the other day he said since when did it become the norm to not smash it all of and start a fresh , saying that though suppose there are products out there to do it , but it probably won't be cheap lol

I think it started about the same time as w4nkers began tiling over existing tiles. It's one of those "We've decided to go with the lower quote." scenarios. Reduce the labour time and save on skips. Eventually some poor sod has to pay to have all the layers off.

I'm making a start on the extension at my place and part of that will be to refurb the bathroom. Some fcuking shaved monkey has stuck board to the old tiles then tiled over the boards. I'll take the lot back to brick and start again, and the bathroom will be three inches wider when it's done!

On the plus side, as it's on a wall it won't affect motorbike storage potential. (y)

wall-art-600x441.jpg

I would like knock it all off tbh but it is bloody hard,only got a 3 days to do the job because the shooting range is booked out before and after the dates I've got so didn't want to spend to much time knocking it off and not leave enough time to finish the job

I would like knock it all off tbh but it is bloody hard,only got a 3 days to do the job because the shooting range is booked out before and after the dates I've got so didn't want to spend to much time knocking it off and not leave enough time to finish the job

I would have thought bullets bouncing off would be a good thing? Got to be better than going through?

Plus why is the customer worried about the finish on the render if it's going to have bullets hitting it? It'll end up looking like a kebab house in Aleppo anyway. o_O

The bullets go into a bank of sand behind the targets if they miss these walls are more of a precaution for the really s**t shots

I think it started about the same time as w4nkers began tiling over existing tiles. It's one of those "We've decided to go with the lower quote." scenarios. Reduce the labour time and save on skips. Eventually some poor sod has to pay to have all the layers off.

I'm making a start on the extension at my place and part of that will be to refurb the bathroom. Some fcuking shaved monkey has stuck board to the old tiles then tiled over the boards. I'll take the lot back to brick and start again, and the bathroom will be three inches wider when it's done!

On the plus side, as it's on a wall it won't affect motorbike storage potential. (y)

View attachment 16604
Brilliant, tbh you'll always be remembered as the motorbike man for sure,

Cheered me up that did.

Oh and 3 inches Makes a lot of difference , believe me I know.

The bullets go into a bank of sand behind the targets if they miss these walls are more of a precaution for the really s**t shots

I'm presuming they're not house walls then?

How about you lash any old sh1te up on the walls and book yourself some time on the range? That way you can pepper fcuk out of the walls and no one will know they're crap. (y) Plus if you pay for all your mates to go to the range every month or so you'll never be out of work.

On a serious note, I'd suggest cladding to the owner. It looks good when it goes up, and if it does get hit they'll only need to replace a panel.

View attachment 16604
I couldn't have one of them on my wall,........there'd be spunk dripping all over the sofa!

ahhhh the 916.........termignoni pipes......single seat........oh,oh, ...mmmm better now

No house walls mate

Thanks mate that's sounds like the way to go cheers

Like I said that's ground zero if its your only option and theres no getting away from the job, ive been on a couple like that where you have no choice but to do it (council jobs) dont guarantee it though unfortunately its a 50/50 scenario

Tbh I'm sick of hearing about going over old render, read a post from a good plasterer the other day he said since when did it become the norm to not smash it all off and start a fresh , saying that though suppose there are products out there to do it , but it probably won't be cheap lol

Ha ha you we're asking the same questions a few weeks ago!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good old chipping hammer get the rite tool at the rite time at the rite place that shold save you time and money. Best of luck if you care enough to post about it I know you will do a good job of it.

Ps if you go over the 3 days stick a target on your back and then claim on your insurance (pli)