B&q scrim tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps

Despite them charging a premium this has got to be the worst you can buy or is there worse

all of them there all shite i find there only any good when theres about 20meters left on the roll then it actually gets stickey

everbuild silver scrim :RpS_thumbup:

b and q's just freys all over the effin show. drives you mad.

iv found in cold months to put on dashboard in van wen heaters on the heat loosens up the glue and makes the scrim a little bit more user friendly

Euro scrim from wack is the biz , don't bother with extreme fibatape designed for cold conditions it's crap and twice the price

everbuild silver scrim :RpS_thumbup:

b and q's just freys all over the effin show. drives you mad.

Cut each side with a Stanley knife like you would a pizza and it won't Frey in strings ,it will Frey only to the size of your cuts and you won't have it wrapping around your fingers

Extreme fibre tape never frays round the edges and sticks and stays up for days. You could easy prep a few rooms then drop back to skim them and the tape would still be on the ceiling or walls.

Cut each side with a Stanley knife like you would a pizza and it won't Frey in strings ,it will Frey only to the size of your cuts and you won't have it wrapping around your fingers

Thanks @SPREADS. Never been shown that one. Seems so simple now I think about it :RpS_blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
No spreads he means he uses NO tape at all he's a cowboy mate :)
Even his website says he does a cracking job :RpS_unsure:

This is the trouble with travelling tradesmen, can't track them down :-([/QUOTE
Untill tommorow i`ll just keep moving on.

I buy scrim tape from wickes as they are knauf ones as they are good and sticky right to the core. Don't buy scrim from B&Q apart from boards and plaster & coving
i agree wicks tape is good.
i just keep forgetting not to stack my bags of pink on top of it :RpS_wink:

I've said this before but they need to produce a scrim that is very sticky a bit wider and as thick as the external render mesh rolls. They never seem to Frey.

We use jrt extra sticky tape. This also comes in 4" wide rolls never frays and sticks like shite to a blanket.

We use the JRT Scrim from R&J, good tape. Although, just had a box of the 100mm wide tape delivered and have been charged £6+vat per roll! That will be going back to their warehouse.

We use the JRT Scrim from R&J, good tape. Although, just had a box of the 100mm wide tape delivered and have been charged £6+vat per roll! That will be going back to their warehouse.
Yeah it is dear especially when you take into account the fact that the 4" wide rolls are only 45mtrs long and not the usual 90m. Its good tape though.

Yeah it is dear especially when you take into account the fact that the 4" wide rolls are only 45mtrs long and not the usual 90m. Its good tape though.
Too dear, I paid £3.50+vat per roll the last box I had. That was from Coastline, a local merchant. And they where 90m rolls! Can't remember which brand, but of equal quality to the JRT tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.