Baffled!!

Members online

Oneeyey

Hi guys... dot n dabbed a concrete block pillar 3 week ago... i put foil back on first with foam 1 mtr high .... now getting this black mould dampness type of thing ... only on 2 sides of the pillar (see pic) any ideas why .... ????
20170805_091331.jpg

That's still dabbing, but i have no answer to your question that why it got mouldy

Leaving plasterboard un plastered and unpainted on walls does seem to go mouldy if left long enough, guessing because it's porous and also paper and will usually do this where there is any sort of moisture (condensation areas like windows and corners, where dabs are etc)...... clean it and coat it

Right ... ive foamed foil back to the block pillar ..... then ive dot n dabbed over the top of the foil board ...any ideas ...

Probably where you dabbed it's gone mouldy though the board from the moisture. Why have you dabbed onto vapour board?

Probably where you dabbed it's gone mouldy though the board from the moisture. Why have you dabbed onto vapour board?
I used foil first to stop any moisture coming from the block .... then ive had to build out with large dabs to match the measurment at the top of the bulk head

It's surface mould from a cold spot. Use that plasterboard with foam backing and stick on with foam board fix. This will stop it. You can buy from most supplies inc B&Q...