battery drill

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

hello lads sorry if this has already been covered but im thinking of getting into domestic work and i hate lugging or tripping over my transformer, leads and a bulky drill so have any of you got or thinking of buying one of these ?
http://www.refina.co.uk/pdf_07/p11.pdf
i like the thought of just popping it out of the way especially bathrooms and stuff so you could probably mix in the same room :)

i know someone who has a cordless mixer, prolly not a refina but its 24 volt, just hasnt got the bollox, wouldnt handle a bag and a half, paddles way too small and the batteries dead before you know it...alright for patchin i sppose...

there the problems that im worried about but you never know if there sold buy a plastering outlet they might be designed for the job ................nobodys got one ive tried other forums .......................they must be shite ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D..right though...

tell u wot though, ive got a little 'paint stirrer' paddle that fits in a 10mm chuck, a bleedin 12v cordless will knock up half a bag for a small ceiling...cost about 4 quid...just needs a smaller bucket to reduce the time..might be the way to go for cordless gear, small paddle needs a small bucket or it feels 'lost'  :D

i used to use a 24 cordless drill to mix .think it was called ferm or something like that.
Attached a large mixing head to it and away i went
Couldnt complain it would last me all week off 2 batterys lightwieght and no cables.
also doubled up as a drill.
i now have an expensive high powered mains powered mixer......but the mix was just as good with the cheaper ferm drill.

same here skimming,

i use a dewalt cordless with a medium paddle cut down slightly, 1 battery gets me 3 bags of multi so when re skimming 2 batterys is ample, saves me taking my site 110v drill with half ton drop down box

Status
Not open for further replies.