Best material in the Uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venetianzak

Lets kick things off now....What is the best material in the uk at the moment?I have used mot of them, I also know what companies use what? I can't wait for your opinions.. Some good quality material out there and some not so good!

Mr flynnyman I really want to hear opinions and what works for people then I will drop the bombshell and tell you what's good and not good. My friend works in a lab and guess what?? I have gave him a scoop from a bucket of every uk material and he checked them out over the past 5 years. I have had interesting feedback from him regarding certain materials and others came back ok

Mr flynnyman I really want to hear opinions and what works for people then I will drop the bombshell and tell you what's good and not good. My friend works in a lab and guess what?? I have gave him a scoop from a bucket of every uk material and he checked them out over the past 5 years. I have had interesting feedback from him regarding certain materials and others came back ok

Well to be honest people come on here all the time saying this and that but your findings wont make it on here coz its only what you have said and if you stick around on the forum you will see how the place works. You wont get away with slagging firms off coz it will get the forum into trouble with whoever gets slagged off, if its just some random guy who has never posted it definetly wont stay on. Tell us a bit about yourself and show us some of your work :)

personally I like the cotton silk mix for trousers but there are loads other materials I like too eg I like the red tab denim that only Levis use for a range of their jeans, I love cotton for womens knickers, :RpS_thumbsup:
Have you had any of those in the lab?

Ok let's leave the companies out of it, and just focus on material. All I want to know is what do people think is the best material in the uk?

Ok the best is armourcoat material but unfornately we can't buy that as they only sell to their applicators, but I did have the pleasure of using it as someone gave me a bag of it a while ago and I thought it was really good. But there others that we can buy that are good and some not so good. NPS I don't work for a company I work for myself

Lets not count armourcoat material as that will always be head and shoulders above the rest, not Italian but made in the uk, the guy who owns the company was a scientist and made his own recipes absolute genius, it's a shame we can't purchase it as you have to be one of their applicators. With all other medium grained material such as marmorino or Carrara is nice to use but after a few metres of it and u try drop back to fix bits or flatten it all smudges and smears unlike armourcoat theirs doesn't.

Lets not count armourcoat material as that will always be head and shoulders above the rest, not Italian but made in the uk, the guy who owns the company was a scientist and made his own recipes absolute genius, it's a shame we can't purchase it as you have to be one of their applicators. With all other medium grained material such as marmorino or Carrara is nice to use but after a few metres of it and u try drop back to fix bits or flatten it all smudges and smears unlike armourcoat theirs doesn't.

If you are finding that carrara smudges and smears then i am afraid my friend that you are doing it wrong. Try leaving it a bit longer!!!

Right @Venetianzak whats the crack ? am intrested in some of the info u have to share but its not a guessing game. U need to be more informative for the rest of the lads and in the nicest way possible drop the attitude ur only 9 posts in lol
Armourcoat, yep legendary but i see it like this.... give me any material from any company and i will make it look the dogs b*ll***s on a wall but, it would be to do with preference which 'i' personaly thought would be the best to use. Any plasterer on this forum can polish a wall with a plastic trowel but only half of us will get it flat and perfect after a coat of paint.
Am not underminding u in anyway as thats not in my nature am a cool cat, just want u to know that but ur coming across as a tool mate, nothing personal..... Educate us:RpS_thumbup: ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record so that you know Venetianzak just for the record, many years ago Armourcoat went to Coverit in order to close a deal with there materials, however, they took various samples from them and imitated their products later on. Their Key coat and Spatulata are key indicators, to you, well should be if you know your stuff.. Secondly they do not use Authentic Venetian, as they make all their own it's imitation but works for them.

Every product will have its preference for every applicator...it depends on the work your creating and the environment the work is being applied to...u will only find which product is best for you by trial and experimentation, not by asking what other applicators use.....I get my best results by far with my own mix of sieved slaked lime, marble flours and oils, using natural earth pigments and the traditional marmorino system...its more challenging and takes some experimentation, but when u get it right there is this depth of colour u can create which is quit unique..

Every product will have its preference for every applicator...it depends on the work your creating and the environment the work is being applied to...u will only find which product is best for you by trial and experimentation, not by asking what other applicators use.....I get my best results by far with my own mix of sieved slaked lime, marble flours and oils, using natural earth pigments and the traditional marmorino system...its more challenging and takes some experimentation, but when u get it right there is this depth of colour u can create which is quit unique..

I've experimented with lime putty, marble flour and linseed oil etc. Ive tried really fine flour right up to around 1mm granules. Its amazing the effects you can create with some experimentation. Not that i'm against ready to use gear from the tubs because they are equally amazing

a spanish guy i used to work with said they used to make their own with lime putty, marble flour and animal fat (lard) not tried it though

Status
Not open for further replies.