best thing for cleaning plaster from chrome fittings?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulo1977

Hi, hopefully can get some help here.

Whats the wise words on cleaning plaster splatters off chrome fittings, lightswitches, lightfittings etc?

Had a great plasterer round today, he's done a good job but I've got to start the clean up now.

:)

cheers

Water, use piece of plastic or wood to scrape it off, should of been covered in masking tape prior to plastering and they should of cleaned up..

Try warm water to soak into the plaster then industrial roll/kitchen roll to get it off hopefully without scratching it.

Welcome Paulo, I keep a box of nappy sacks in the van, they are ideal when plastering in people's homes. Pull out the socket or light fiting and bag up, just down tell finefatfinish. Is wd 40 safe to use, seen people clean out sockets with it before.

cheers, he's coming back to do another room tomorrow so hopefully he'll clean up today's work properly before moving on I'll leave my clean up attempts till he's finished completely. Its just a couple of splatters so nothing to major if warm water will do the trick. My Mrs gets up a height about anything cleaning related. Trying to sort it before I get it in the neck for something which is clearly not my fault.
But thats how women work, isn't it?

Mate if I go upstairs now and start tasking pictures of the light fittings to post on a forum she'll go ape ****. I'm doing major works and the house is in a right state after joiners, plumbers, sparkies, landscapers and now plasterers have all traipsed though it. Me? I'm just the dude who pays for it all. Her? The most input she's had so far is a massive fanny fit about a few splatters of plaster on her chrome fittings.
So....as much as I'd like to provide photos for your collective entertainment I'll sadly have to give it a miss mate, I just want peace and love tonight. Peace and love.
I think it's pushed her over the cleaning related cliff

Mate if I go upstairs now and start tasking pictures of the light fittings to post on a forum she'll go ape ****. I'm doing major works and the house is in a right state after joiners, plumbers, sparkies, landscapers and now plasterers have all traipsed though it. Me? I'm just the dude who pays for it all. Her? The most input she's had so far is a massive fanny fit about a few splatters of plaster on her chrome fittings.
So....as much as I'd like to provide photos for your collective entertainment I'll sadly have to give it a miss mate, I just want peace and love tonight. Peace and love.
Feel your pain

Mate if I go upstairs now and start tasking pictures of the light fittings to post on a forum she'll go ape ****. I'm doing major works and the house is in a right state after joiners, plumbers, sparkies, landscapers and now plasterers have all traipsed though it. Me? I'm just the dude who pays for it all. Her? The most input she's had so far i. massive fanny fit about a few splatters of plaster on her chrome fittings.
Any pics will do :RpS_sneaky:

Welcome Paulo, I keep a box of nappy sacks in the van, they are ideal when plastering in people's homes. Pull out the socket or light fiting and bag up, just down tell finefatfinish. Is wd 40 safe to use, seen people clean out sockets with it before.
We do that and they smell so nice , when not used ,brings back memories :RpS_crying:

Don't think he meant pics of the sockets mate :rolleyes)

Where was the job out of interest? Wasn't glasgow was it? :RpS_unsure:

Paulo?.....:RpS_unsure:
Paulo?.....:huh:
Where was the job you..I mean the plasterer did? :RpS_mellow:
Aberdeen? :glare:

No he's gone :-(

o upstairs now and start tasking pictures of the light fittings to post on a forum she'll go ape ****. I'm doing major works anMate if I gd the house is in a right state after joiners, plumbers, sparkies, landscapers and now plasterers have all traipsed though it. Me? I'm just the dude who pays for it all. Her? The most input she's had so far is a massive fanny fit about a few splatters of plaster on her chrome fittings.
i stopped reading after 'fanny'

late reply lads, the wifes been beating the life out of me.
This is my new favorite forum I'll have to get more plastering done just so I've got an excuse to hang about. It's a lot more amusing than the marriage guidance forum I've been thinking of joining anyway.
Right - in answer to the questions, jobs near Newcastle, not saying where in case he's on here, he's a great lad and he's far bigger than me as well.
Off to bed, i know where to come back with my plastering related queries and/or marital issues.

late reply lads, the wifes been beating the life out of me.
This is my new favorite forum I'll have to get more plastering done just so I've got an excuse to hang about. It's a lot more amusing than the marriage guidance forum I've been thinking of joining anyway.
Right - in answer to the questions, jobs near Newcastle, not saying where in case he's on here, he's a great lad and he's far bigger than me as well.
Off to bed, i know where to come back with my plastering related queries and/or marital issues.

It's Artisan :RpS_lol:
Ya rough Geordie chancer :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.