Bond it/ blue grit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond it blue grit, every one says its best thing since slice bread but it has me puzzled at times I can't decide I f I like it if not.

You kno where you stand with it ie 3 to 3.5 hrs a set
It's painted on once
It's a better key.

But the negatives

It blisters like f**k
More plasterer to put on
It's rough and rugged on ur 1st coat

As any one got advice on how to master the blistering or when to trowel it up. As I might start going bk to pva?

Your leavin it to open or too many little misses when your laying on then when you flatten it's just closing the surface of the plaster up and leaving air pockets. make sure the first coat is neat as possible and voids filled while wet.

I trowel it in same as boards. It's always neat, am I trowelling it up not enough is that what your saying. As a bloke on site said I was doing it too much. Done it both ways and never got any better.

I'm sure it's cos of the grit.

I'm going to get ten replies saying its me arnt I......... Be gentle.

Ha ha nah a usually roll it in and it's usually fine a put a small drop of watered pva through it as well to give me more spread on the grit a find its a bit heavy at times and the grit becomes clumpy

Yea I do that at times if I'm running low on it. But can't work it owt got a full house to do, and that's going every were I'm wondering shall I use pva. Or go thru hell

I prefer thistle bond it too the blue grit but that's just my preference! Just go with the pva double hit it will sit for yeh

Price difference is a hell of a lot different but I guess you pay for what you get.
Is it just me then or do most people have this problem? With blue grit?

Bond it blue grit, every one says its best thing since slice bread but it has me puzzled at times I can't decide I f I like it if not.

You kno where you stand with it ie 3 to 3.5 hrs a set
It's painted on once
It's a better key.

But the negatives

It blisters like f**k
More plasterer to put on
It's rough and rugged on ur 1st coat

As any one got advice on how to master the blistering or when to trowel it up. As I might start going bk to pva?
Its not the best at all.probably the cheapest out there.
Use betokantact or microgebetis.thin it down a little and it does miles.
Skimming over these is better for coverage.
Although it's just pva with food colouring apparently!!

Its not the best at all.probably the cheapest out there.
Use betokantact or microgebetis.thin it down a little and it does miles.
Skimming over these is better for coverage.
Although it's just pva with food colouring apparently!!

Only recently heard about this about a week or two ago. I'm guessing it's something you order online. Is it much better then bond it. Anywhere wear I could read up on this

Does anyone else find when using micro inside its really harsh on your chest. Designed for outside I'm not sure it's safe. VOC's and all that. I get nasty stomach acids and feel like throwing up :frio: obviously I vent as well as I can but it still gets me

With blue grit or thistle etc I only use it if I want a head start. Meaning not having to pva before knocking up. I'll put it on with a brush a day or two before. I dilute it with watered down PVA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.