Bull nosed arched skim beads

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewbuckley

Hi chaps,

Do any of you have any dealings with bullnosed radius skim beads.
Basically an arched bead which enables vinyl to be wrapped around a 90 degree bend. Our supplier is having problems with the machine and iv exhausted google looking for another ? Anybody use these ?

Cheers

Welcome Mr Buckley, nope I don't use any beads for any bullnose angles as I'm old school and very skilled in what I do as a lot of lads on this site but I'm sure the help you need will be along soon :RpS_thumbup:

Before a mass brawl ensues Mr Buckley any chance of some pics please so we can give better advice?? ThanksThanks

Shave the corner to a bullnose, put scrim tape round and skimm it mate!
Use a piece of plastic to smooth the bullnose. Done it myself many times. No need to hunt for those bullnose beads.

Us ?? I take it you two are a couple now then ? I called marshy a smart arse as he was trying to be a funny **** insinuating I ain't skilled, I'm working to a spec on a hospital, the spec requires beads, hence the question does anybody know where I can get these from, thanks for the advice deri but beads are needed, I'm struggling putting a picture up of them on my phone else I'd be able to show you. Don't jump the gun funny f**k**s, I hope one day I will be as skilled as you guys, there's time yet.

Us ?? I take it you two are a couple now then ? I called marshy a smart arse as he was trying to be a funny **** insinuating I ain't skilled, I'm working to a spec on a hospital, the spec requires beads, hence the question does anybody know where I can get these from, thanks for the advice deri but beads are needed, I'm struggling putting a picture up of them on my phone else I'd be able to show you. No need to jump the gun lads, maybe I should of explained it a bit better but the question remains the same !

Take no notice of marshy...hes french! .........

....For now:rolleyes)

and sorry, i cant help with your bead question:RpS_unsure:

not sure exactly what a bullnose bead is but if its plastering across a curved block corner (apart from doing it freehand obviously) can't you use a plastic stopbead?

Welcome a long Andrew buckley , dont worry 99 .9 % of threads go tits up and off thread on here its par for course

Us ?? I take it you two are a couple now then ? I called marshy a smart arse as he was trying to be a funny **** insinuating I ain't skilled, I'm working to a spec on a hospital, the spec requires beads, hence the question does anybody know where I can get these from, thanks for the advice deri but beads are needed, I'm struggling putting a picture up of them on my phone else I'd be able to show you. Don't jump the gun funny f**k**s, I hope one day I will be as skilled as you guys, there's time yet.

Phillips manufacture the beads in the good old USA they do a quarter and a half inch radius with either metal or paper wings but like you i have not been able to find a UK manufacturer or stockist which is a shame cos they could come in very handy from time to time.

Or you could borrow my bullnose edger at a cost of course which I was lucky enough to pick up at a car boot this morning.

you go to the amwell one dont ya lucius my missus likes that one think shes wanting to do a stall at that one soon

Status
Not open for further replies.