Can I reskim over plaster that has not fully dried out?

MichelleA

Hi, this is my first post, but I have used previous threads for advice on lots of previous projects . I have skimmed 2 rooms last weekend, and one wall is not up to a good standard, its beyond filling and sanding to make good, so I am wanting to reskim. Can anyone advise whether I need to wait for this to dry out completely before I reskim? I was hoping to reskim on Saturday, which will be 6 days after original skim. Thanks for any help.

Hi, this is my first post, but I have used previous threads for advice on lots of previous projects . I have skimmed 2 rooms last weekend, and one wall is not up to a good standard, its beyond filling and sanding to make good, so I am wanting to reskim. Can anyone advise whether I need to wait for this to dry out completely before I reskim? I was hoping to reskim on Saturday, which will be 6 days after original skim. Thanks for any help.
Give it a couple of coats of expensive, unibond pva, leave a day between coats so it dries properly. Then good luck, you learn by your mistakes (y)

If it hasn’t dried after 6 days then you’ve got bigger fish to fry.