Can you Render onto this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

have a huge house that looks like its freshly painted in sandtex, it seems solid! i rang sandtex and they said they cant garntee it but we should try and ruff it up some how, maybe that refina prep tool?

seems like a perfect key?

4685252516_a17c6fe8a4_b.jpg

4685252944_7eb4a977b7.jpg

4685253390_c04173b55b_b.jpg

i think if it was me i would scar it up abit with a grinder but saying that i reckon it would be ok coz it does look a good key but i doubt there would be any suction which may cause a problem with sliding, try a small patch first a few days b4

how much of a slurry do you get from that SBR as i used it the other day as a wet primer and it dint go far for £40! what is the mix for a slurry? and what are the refina prep tools like?

just grind diamond shapes all over the wall with a grinder, put the scratch coat on and leave for a day or 2

maybe ill go with that plus a scrape on any lose.. ill offer the mesh but im sure the price will be 2 high!

ok just took a look at this, what are the cost of matrialsd per sq on that system? and can we use sand and cement on it?

is it reali just a case of plug screw washer all day long? and also if we use galvnised will it last or does it have to be S/S? thanks

oasis said:
is it reali just a case of plug screw washer all day long? and also if we use galvnised will it last or does it have to be S/S? thanks

stainless steel is best outside. try the screws that don't need plugging. you can get them with quite large heads aswell so might not need washers. will save a bit of time.

use an adhesive coat used for thin coat renders and lay a bit on. bed some fibre glass mesh into it and leave it set for a few days. If you cant pull the mesh back of then you know that type of render system will work

thanks stevo ill have a look. the price of stainless steel is so much more than normal as i cna get 2400x600 normal for £8! and S/S for £45!!! is it wrong 2 use galvenised? is it a big no no? and also woudl i still fit buildign paper behind the mesh first os woudl it be sound on its own?

iv never used anybase coat before or fiber mesh? but either way they are after a smooth sand and cement finish

oasis said:
thanks stevo ill have a look. the price of stainless steel is so much more than normal as i cna get 2400x600 normal for £8! and S/S for £45!!! is it wrong 2 use galvenised? is it a big no no? and also woudl i still fit buildign paper behind the mesh first os woudl it be sound on its own?
be quicker to chop it off , and cheaper, better job too !

i think it may be a pain to chop of make its well stuck on? and would take a life time in labour? unless the REFINA PREP tool would be any use for this?

4685558611_a2699664e5_b.jpg

4685559093_a3050efb34_b.jpg

they also want the plastic cladding taken off and either rendered some how or redone in something modern.

Have a look at the insulated systems oasis plus there is a scheme where the government is giving grants, other than that go with weber cloth and hpx and k-rend which would be the modern render they might be looking for.

krend or weber or any render manufactureer will not guarentee any system on top of paint!

merlin said:
direct bonded insulation? or rail system?
We personally didnt do the insulation just did the render but what i could see was it was fixed with what looked like the plastic hilti fixings and the insulation looked like jabalite.

Status
Not open for further replies.