Car for work because of ULEZ?

CeeVee

Just been told I can get a grant for a measly £1000 towards a new truck to comply with ULEZ...waste of time.
It's going to cost over £200 a month in charges if I keep my current truck so need to upgrade.

I don't do many domestics now, mainly newbuilds and extensions where builders supply all the gear, and I'm of an age where I don't want to be spending £30k on a decent truck.

Would I be a knob if I used a car for work instead?

Only got to transport my tools every few weeks to the next job...

Just been told I can get a grant for a measly £1000 towards a new truck to comply with ULEZ...waste of time.
It's going to cost over £200 a month in charges if I keep my current truck so need to upgrade.

I don't do many domestics now, mainly newbuilds and extensions where builders supply all the gear, and I'm of an age where I don't want to be spending £30k on a decent truck.

Get a estate. We back in Sheffield next week . f**k**g nightmare though we can swerve clean air zone. Million pou d house. Joiner who's running job said its sought after area . You.d have to give me a million to live there. Nice few roads surrounded by back to back cars

Get a estate. We back in Sheffield next week . f**k**g nightmare though we can swerve clean air zone. Million pou d house. Joiner who's running job said its sought after area . You.d have to give me a million to live there. Nice few roads surrounded by back to back cars
:ROFLMAO: What area?

Why would you be knob mate.Do what works for you and most cost effective.

Do what you need to do mate. Was in Sheffield a few months back. Thought all vehicles were charged before setting off, but not the case.

Nightmare mate. I was in the same position got the grant but there were lots of conditions attached and the cost of vans now even second hand is crazy. Would have put myself in debt. So just avoid the zone now and take the car for quoting which is fortunately compliant.

And they wonder why prices are going up?!! Hello!!!

Nightmare mate. I was in the same position got the grant but there were lots of conditions attached and the cost of vans now even second hand is crazy. Would have put myself in debt. So just avoid the zone now and take the car for quoting which is fortunately compliant.

I was expecting £5k towards a new truck but £1k? Not worth a fart. Like you say cost of vans is ridiculous

If you take the car for quoting what would happen if you got the job ?

Is it a labour of love thing like lol
Ceevee don’t worry about what you turn up in mate I doubt the builder cares if you turn up on a horse aslong as you’re half tidy

I’ll be in the same boat soon I’ve always had vans supplied, I do site work too mate so it’s not too much of a ballsache for us to swap tools if we need too at least we get half an idea of what we’re doing but guaranteed there’s always something we need and forget lol

I've seen in the news today that Khan is now drawing up plans to charge people by the mile and using cameras to enforce...

Paying to breath next.

Problem in this country is that there are now to many takers
If you take the car for quoting what would happen if you got the job ?

Just use the car to quote. If the job is in the zone I add the CAZ tax to the quote. To be honest unless I'm desperate for work I just turn down jobs in the zone...

Long term I think these charges will have a detrimental effect on the building trade...it's bad enough as it is with a lack of skilled trades.

Based on current prices of vans I calculated that for every year from now that I can hold onto my van I'll be saving £5000 (minus any maintenance costs)