Change of circumstances

Members online

In all honesty I love going to work I no obviously the end of the day I love my kids to bits and am going to have I just can't get my head in the right place??

I've always worked on the principle that if you're voluntarily changing your circumstances it should make you happier. So if it's not then don't do it. If it is, then try not to over think it and crack on. (y)

I'm probably wrong but does your mrs really know what she wants mate? Why have a third child if this is the plan?

your wife should have done her training as a nurse before she had commitments.
my wife was a nurse for 40 years, starting as a night nurse, then moved on to be a special nurse in an eye clinic and finely in a ear , nose and throat clinic. work was hard and the wages very poor.

when was ill with my heart problems it was her contacts that she had made that got me to the top of the list for treatment and operation and first class after care so it was not all bad.

I'm probably wrong but does your mrs really know what she wants mate? Why have a third child if this is the plan?
It was all a little unorganized but last minute got a place at uni so full steam ahead it's easy for me to say ... she should have done it earlier but she never had a chance because she was always looking after the kids .

Or you could just pick up the small jobs , tbh sometimes there is better money in little in and out jobs in an hour or 2 than there is in "bigger " ones, turn up at 6pm finish at 7pm 7.30pm

Course there is.

£150 for one wall.

It's just lining them up that's not so easy.

Child care would work out better wouldn't it? Surely if you stop working you won't have enough money after bills mortgage/rent goes out?

Child care would work out better wouldn't it? Surely if you stop working you won't have enough money after bills mortgage/rent goes out?
To put three kids in nursery costs an arm and leg mate it's 50 each per day. I'm hoping to still do weekends and maybe another job couple of nights going to be a tough journey.

If my sons end up on trowel I,lol feel like I failed em lol

I've done the white collar route and still can't stay away from plastering. I started in construction doing carpet and flooring but I quickly noticed that I've never seen an old carpet/tile layer or one that was at it a long time who didn't have knee or back problems. Then I went to framing/roofing and those trades beat you down too but I noticed the plasterers inside and that crew was all 50+ yr olds who were very fit and healthy. I decided I wanted to see what that was about and I fell in love with the trade even when I started doing office work full time I still loved to be on site working with the mud. Do what makes you happy man but if you love what you do you never really work. Office stuff was work to me, this is a passion. Why wouldn't I want to share that with my son? (If he doesn't like it I'm cool with that too. Everyone has to find what they love, I'm just glad I've found it for me.)

I've done the white collar route and still can't stay away from plastering. I started in construction doing carpet and flooring but I quickly noticed that I've never seen an old carpet/tile layer or one that was at it a long time who didn't have knee or back problems. Then I went to framing/roofing and those trades beat you down too but I noticed the plasterers inside and that crew was all 50+ yr olds who were very fit and healthy. I decided I wanted to see what that was about and I fell in love with the trade even when I started doing office work full time I still loved to be on site working with the mud. Do what makes you happy man but if you love what you do you never really work. Office stuff was work to me, this is a passion. Why wouldn't I want to share that with my son? (If he doesn't like it I'm cool with that too. Everyone has to find what they love, I'm just glad I've found it for me.)

Love the banter on site... I have to go to the pub to get that these days