Covering artex

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
HI lads

At what point does artex become deep enough to need tight bonding coat then skim rather than just 2 coat skim?

Also if i go down the bonding them skim route do i need to apply WBA fisrt before bonding? Artex is painted with silf emulsion and looks dead shiney ::)

thanks

Would love to board out but its for the ma in law and she is only paying a silly amount as she looks after our little ones a lot. Prob is she wont replace skirting or the beading on laminate flooring so bond and skim is only option.

THanks

windy said:
Would love to board out but its for the ma in law and she is only paying a silly amount as she looks after our little ones a lot. Prob is she wont replace skirting or the beading on laminate flooring so bond and skim is only option.

THanks

Tell her its the only way, its safer too, the more weight you hang off the Artex the more risk of it pulling off.

You have no idea how well the Artex is stuck or even whats under the Artex.

THanks for info

Just to get back to original question.

How do you look at artex and say yeah two coat skim or that job needs bonding and skim. Is it about the depth of artex or does the pattern matter??

THanks Steve

I take it its quicker to 3 coats skim as opposed to bond and 2 coat skim???

well i was mainly thinking if you werent sure then you MIGHT get away with 2 coats, if not then 3. and you wont have to sit around waiting for the bonding.

windy said:
HI lads

At what point does artex become deep enough to need tight bonding coat then skim rather than just 2 coat skim?

Also if i go down the bonding them skim route do i need to apply WBA fisrt before bonding? Artex is painted with silf emulsion and looks dead shiney ::)

thanks i do i tevery day if the pattern is a very deep stipple then srape and bond any other pattern scape pva then a heavy coat of finish flatten in leave untill firm 30 mins or so the skim 2 lite coats if u let it dry oner the hour mark the tight tight coat of pve then skim

Status
Not open for further replies.