Cscs blue card renewal

Chezlee

Hi I need to renew my cscs blue card as it ran out in 2021. I've been told off a training company I need to sit a citb operative course before I take a cscs which is £105plus vat.. then another company said with me having nvq level 2 in plastering I don't need to sit citb.. anyone had trouble with this before?
Tia

hi chezlee,
Your cscs card will require renewing every 5 yrs so you can access & work on large new build developments. It just proves you know it's not safe to lie down behind the forklift if his mirrors are broke. Having your nvq does bypass the operatives course which just proves your competent in you chosen field (which your nvq does) & you should be able to call them & book your cscs test by providing the reg num of your nvq. After sitting the test & passing make sure to call & order your card within 5-6 months or they will refuse to issue it & make you pay & resit the test again

hi chezlee,
Your cscs card will require renewing every 5 yrs so you can access & work on large new build developments. It just proves you know it's not safe to lie down behind the forklift if his mirrors are broke. Having your nvq does bypass the operatives course which just proves your competent in you chosen field (which your nvq does) & you should be able to call them & book your cscs test by providing the reg num of your nvq. After sitting the test & passing make sure to call & order your card within 5-6 months or they will refuse to issue it & make you pay & resit the test again
Thanks for reply. I'm booked in for cscs or citb tomorrow there's a few topics that I'm unsure of but I'll stay sober tonight and smash the mocks lol.
Thanks